NCT 127 Teach Me Japan Lesson 2

• I. Introduction

NCT 127 Teach Me Japan Lesson 2, also translated as NCT 127 Tell Me About Japan Lesson 2, is the second season of a Japanese reality/variety series that follows the members of the boy group, NCT 127, as they learn about Japanese culture in a school setting to help them connect with their Japanese fans.

II. Overview

NCT 127 is a permanent sub-unit of NCT. The group structure of NCT is unique among K-Pop groups due to the fact that the concept of NCT is an ever expanding group with "unlimited" members and it is comprised of several individual subunits. Currently there are 23 members in NCT, making up four individual subunits, including NCT 127.

Members of NCT 127 have featured in the long-running reality/variety series NCT Life, with some seasons centered around 127 members, but this is the first TV show specifically labeled as NCT 127.

In NCT 127 Teach Me Japan Lesson 2, all 9 members (Taeil, Johnny, Taeyong, Yuta, Doyoung, Jaehyun, Jungwoo, Mark and Haechan) learn in a fake school setting, while competing in contests and games.

In Season 2, the original Homeroom Teachers of the first season, comedy duo Alco & Peace (Kenta Sakai and Yuki Hirako), are promoted to Principal and Vice Principal, while comedians Hidetsugu Shibata and Akira Shinomiya (a Special Teacher on the previous season) are introduced as the Class Teacher and Assistant Teacher.

Unlike the previous season, which took place only in a classroom, most of this season occurs in other parts of the school, including a sports day and science fair. Like the previous season, episodes are tied to a specific theme from Japanese culture or to help improve their performance on Japanese variety shows.

At the end of each episode before the punishment, members share in a segment called After School Talk, discussing comments about the episode in their "off time" or reviewing fan answers to questionnaires about the members.

NCT 127 Teach Me Japan Lesson 2 aired on dTV in Japan from

CW/TW: Episode 3 - the hosts briefly reference a Japanese character that seems similar to a racial caricature.

III. Episode List

Each episode is 25-27 minutes.

Episode Description

8/25/19
    Theme: Sports Day: Japanese style sports day
    External Content www.dailymotion.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

9/1/19
    Sports day continues with special guests Kitsune.
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

9/8/19
    Conducting science experiments with Special Instructor Zenchan (Kitagawa Zenichi).

9/15/19
    Science experiments continue.

9/22/19
    Test of Courage (haunted house school)

9/29/19
    Test of Courage continues.

IV. NCT Trivia

Like the NCT Life series, the two seasons of this show reference other NCT content or themes, as well as being used in fan compilation videos.