Posts by misscatievip

Digital is more relevant to long-term performance, and Izone disbanded April 2021. Still too early to judge Izone soloists. IOI disbanded Jan 2017. By about the same time after disbandment Chungha had a major hit with 'Roller Coaster', Sejeong had hits with 'Flower Way' and 'I Like You, I Don't' and Somi still hadn't released anything.

Somi had a hit 5 years after disbandment, Chungha is still relevant despite falling off a bit, and Sejeong would probably do well if she released new music. They have proven that they can maintain a solo career that isn't dependent on group fans.

Chung Ha has fallen off a bit but I blame that entirely on her company and their poor promotions. In this current kpop climate, you need more than 1 comeback a year (one that is promoted on music shows). Blackpink are the only exception to this rule right now. Groups used to do well with only 1 release a year but now you need to have between 2-3 a year to keep up with the current market.

So Kep1er aren't necessarily flopping but their sales have shown a decline over their comebacks and they're not digitally charting well at all.

What kind of concept should Kep1er do to regain their fandom & sales?

I think something like XG's Mascara could suit them well. The vocals are clearer and the concept is a bit royal

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another option could be something like La Vie En Rose which was received quite well when they covered it.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Overall, they need something more mature and less childish and noise musicish which is what their singles seem to portray. Mask was a perfect song which would have been better than Wadada

She’s decent at singing. I think their producer’s just don’t like her tone or way of singing

I think this is exactly what it is. Bahi didn't even have the least amount of line in this song. Yeseo and Xiaoting's lines aren't any better than Bahi's lines

Xiaoting

Yeseo

Bahi

Bahi fans will never be happy until she is number 1

They've been performing at uni festivals a lot lately.

I actually really liked Ven Para, though Solar was way better

She finally got to perform it!

On another note, this is a really good concept for Kep1er, everyone fits it well

Itzy also changed part of their choreo for Dalla dalla after some negative feedback.