Posts by VelvetTakes

LMAOO putting NMIXX aand StayC in the same tier is the most delusional thing i've ever seen

One is getting top 10 hits after top 10 hit in korea

while the other isn't even able to enter top 50 with most of their release

Right, but they don't exactly fit anywhere else on the list. Reminder that where songs are charted isn't the only indicator of popularity. One group might release more hits, but another group might have a more solid fanbase constantly buying merchandise and albums.. I think StayC and Nmixx being tied is a solid argument, especially considering that they have both had some controversies concerning their discography.

Newjeans is more popular internationally, however I'd make the argument that Twice has a bigger fandom. Newjeans is popular for many reasons, here are some them:

• One:NewJeans is redefining the genre with their quirky and candid approach in an industry that is chasing perfection, involving out-of-focus shots that would never be seen in a typical K-pop music video and choreography facing away from the camera to create a unique concept that fans can relate to.

• Two:They have solidly established themselves as a group, style, and concept. Everything from their group image and discography to brand promotions carefully curates this natural-looking image that is often relatable.
    • Three:Apart from a catchy discography, NewJeans is also aesthetically what everyone is into right now. It’s almost like someone took a bunch of trendy Pinterest boards and utilized them as inspiration for a K-pop group.

• Four:Even if they aren't foreigners, having at least one member who is fluent in English is nearly crucial for any aspiring K-pop act to increase their possibilities of appealing to a western audience, especially in the 4th generation of K-pop.

Taking everything in account, I'd have to say internationally Newjeans is making themselves quite well known.

1.BTS: I say BTS mainly because they went through some very difficult times for trainee's. They were there

back when bighit was facing some scandals from previous groups, and even when the company had little money or funds. I remember hearing that once a BTS member even struggled to get a snack from a convenience store, and that gives a perspective on how hard they worked for their success as role models for many K-pop groups.

2.Twice: I think although twice is from a big 3 K-pop company, they're constantly made to work a lot and don't have the ability to take very long breaks. They trained back in a period of K-pop when, unfortunately, standards for idols were a lot more toxic. Luckily, they did have songs that were a big success and built up their brand.

3.Blackpink: Although some people put them in last place, I highly disagree. Blackpink trained very hard as trainees, and I'm confident in it, but I felt their abilities were actually underused more than anything. You could tell all the girls worked hard to get their positions, but if I compare them to the groups above them on the list, Blackpink shows more inconsistencies.

4.Newjeans: Newjeans was a successful group from their first release and would go on to be a successful group because of various factors. Not only are they extremely talented, they also have great promotion. Ador pushes them a lot as a group and gives them concepts that work with their image as a group, along with having a certain amount of privilege to back them up. It doesn't mean they aren't hard-working and talented; the groups above had a rockier path to success.

new jeans literally got fashion deals since debut, playlisting only a few months after their debut and are pushed by hype/ador. but sure they deserve it more. Blackpink only got the initial hype that's undeniable but the rest was something they did on their own. YG groups's promotions are always like that not sure why you are only singling out blackpink only

Forbid anyone gives an honest opinion on black pink, Slayurfaves not everything is black pink hate.. Someone talking about a groups privileges is not a direct attack towards that specific group. A lot of the hype Newjeans also got was because of their concept, and let's not sit here and act like both Newjeans and Blackpink did not have fashion deals quite early in their career. If anything I think Newjeans and Blackpink are more similar than people think..