Posts by uwuwu-99

The ULs are pretty low in general right now, so it's easier for fandoms to chart songs higher.

Also Candy was a huge hit of the 90s so it might have some more anticipation than other NCT Dream comebacks, but honestly I don't think this is going to be a hit, not even close, the number of ULs is not better than their previous titles if I'm not wrong?

SMTM's songs performance is pretty disappointing so far. There's this song rising really fast that might be able to go to the top, I don't know this Joo Ho singer but he has other songs with a decent performance, this might be his breakout.

Apart from that I don't really see anything changing the charts too much apart from Christmas songs and NJ, they're going to release the new single's songs without too much competition and while their debut songs are still charting really high, they should dominate the beginning of the year easily.

GDA had an Artist of the Year award last year.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's a filler award, like other user said before they just gave it to Aespa because they had an amazing year but they weren't going to receive any daesang, so they made it up. It's not like the artist of the year daesangs of other awards and we don't even know if they'll give it to anyone this year. However if they do, it will be just like last year, 100% judges and to give smth to a big artist that sounds good.

You're right anyway, it's an ''artist of the year'' because it's its name, but I would act like if it doesn't exist to avoid confusions. GDA has always been just about the bonsangs/daesangs and rookie award, the rest don't really matter that much.

For the Song of the year, does anyone know the Digital points of the nominees? Can anyone put it here so we can see who are top contenders?

가이섬.com
    각종 국내 음원 차트 아카이빙 사이트로 지난 차트를 검색, 비교, 분석할 수 있습니다.
    xn--o39an51b2re.com

Am i going blind or is there really no Artist of the Year category?

GDA never had an Artist of the year award, and it never will, it just focuses on the digital sales for the songs and the physical sales for the albums, with the bonsangs and daesangs.

To be nominated GDA considers and album should have a minimum of new songs. I'm not sure what was the number but I think it was 5 or 6, I guess Aespa's didn't have enough.

Kara is doing way better than I expected, it looks like the song could be a hit. Step is also at #130 in the daily chart, Lupin in the top 200, Mr in the top 300, all of them rising a lot these days.

Kara was not even one of the super strong groups digitally during the 2nd gen, but it's quite obvious that in terms of public respect in Korea 2nd gen groups are a step above the rest.

is it possible that Zico's New Things spoiled the GP's appetite for reality show hiphop a bit? I don't think it's likely, just a thought

It's possible but we still have to wait, many times the biggest SMTM songs aren't released on the first episode but later.

Dreamers is rising a lot, unless there's a big big surprise SK will probably lose on monday but these next 2 days the song is probably going to rise more, we'll see if it has longevity after that or if it falls when they're not in the WC anymore.

SMTM's songs performance is not as impresive as I thought so far, it's good but I'm not sure if they're going to top the charts, SMTM's songs usually have a really good performance the first days/weeks and then fall fast so if they don't start really strong I don't have high expectations for them.

Does anyone have the current 2022 Circle digital songs list ranking? I'm curious how the top 10 is going to shake out.

가이섬.com
    xn--o39an51b2re.com

At this point I'm not sure if it was a dream but I was pretty confident in 2019 I read they were going to change the way to calculate the index. I can't find it anywhere now but I remember it, I'm not sure how much influence it could have had or if they didn't do it after all.

However the decrease is just a combination of the downloads being completely dead and the streaming being more focused on longevity now, it was way more frontloaded before (related to the downloads too) the big hits still get really big milestones eventually, it's just the first weeks when it looks like the songs are performing worse.

I checked Lee hyori's songs and they're pretty low too. The songs released a bit later during the 2nd gen has more ULs but I guess you're not looking for that, 10 minutes is lower than I expected.

Also I guess you mean idol groups right? If not artists like Brown Eyes (and Brown eyed soul later) or MC the max probably have songs with more since they've some classics with really good longevity

Which 1st gen song has the highest ULs on Melon, anyone know

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's god's I need you

가이섬.com
    xn--o39an51b2re.com

Chapter 3 is probably the most succesful album of the 1st gen in terms of ''digitals'' like we would say now lmao.

I checked the data and I'm a bit confused though because the ULs of the song are rising faster than the streams, I'm not sure how that's possible.

soty indeed

Sadly it had those 4 weeks out of the top 10 before recharting because of the tough competition, we could be talking about it having serious chances to surpass Dynamite's record at this point. It will probably go at least up to 31-32 weeks anyway which is amazing of course.

Is SMTM not dropping songs this year? The team leaders release 4 songs at the beginning of the season which made no noise that was it. Now it's pretty late already with no releases from the contestants.

I thought they were going to release them last week or today, it's pretty weird.

I'd be really surprised if they don't release any songs, maybe they'll release all of them together at the end or smth like that? I'm not sure if anyone follows the show and can tell us if they've performed new songs already or not.

Actually it's the opposite? Their sales are really good for their poor digital performance in Korea. Apart from Dalla dalla I wouldn't even consider any of their comebacks hits. There're many groups with more hits that couldn't reach the 1M sales yet (RV, Gidle, even Twice have the same sales in their last albums...)

Only BP (for obvious reasons), Aespa and Ive have better sales than them, Aespa had Next level last year and more than a year to build up and grow the fanbase after it, and Ive's overall digital performance is not even close to be comparable to Itzy's so ofc their fandom has grown more too.

Cho Yong Pil is having a comeback? Wasn't on my bingo card for this year. Bounce was everywhere last time he released

It was a single released today and it barely had any impact so far, they just dropped he was going to release it a couple of days ago so ig not many people noticed it, if he starts promoting it maybe it can rise.

Also it's supposed to be a single for an upcoming album that he is going to release next year, in Melon the ''album'' of the single is called Road to 20 - Prelude 1 (it would be his 20th full album), so I'm expecting more singles coming, hopefully with better promotions than this one.

Love Dive might return to the top 10 weekly chart this week, surpassing Shut down. If Shut down resists BP would tie 2NE1's record for most weeks in the weekly top 10 for a gg, if LD returns it would increase its record for the longest charting gg song in the top 10, it's an interesting fight. I think LD will make it considering how these last weekends it used to be above Shut down and how small the gap is right now.

Does anyone know when SMTM is going to start releasing the songs digitally? I'm not following the show but I thought it was going to be this saturday or the next one, so the charts should start being messy soon.

That added to the crazy project group posted a couple of posts above, Cho yong pil, RV, Itzy, Christmas songs rising...

So I've seen this pic around

And I just wanted to point out how confused people is with this. The number of users the apps have is pretty irrelevant, most of the streams keep coming from Melon. For songs to get the 100M certification in Circle they always need around 70M streams there so it means they still have around the 70% of the market share. If we followed what this graph shows Spotify would have more than a 10% of the streams Melon has, but they barely have 20 songs crossing 10k streams everyday, if we check Genie's numbers it's obvious they're not more than half of Melon's neither. If this chart were about streams and not users, Melon would have just around a 40-45% of the market share, it's really missleading. I'd be the first one having several of these apps if I lived in Korea to check stuff but I'd just pay the subscription for 1.

The only doubt I have is with Youtube music which is not included in Circle if I'm not wrong, but I'm still really iffy with this because I'm not sure if the system Youtube has is appropiated to be compared with other charts, and the difference between the amount of people having the app and the people actually using it could be huge because who doesn't have Youtube? You can have Youtube music just because you have Youtube and you want to have both, or it could even come installed in the smartphone.