Posts by stanBiSH

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

still not clear if this is cannon to the main continuity or what but what we do know is that is being written personally by Toriyama himself

i noticed a lot of people don't like the idea of turning goku and the others small, i don't hate the idea but is going to depend of the plot (which we still have no idea what is about) at least the animation looks nice

technically their "debut" that said i'm confused about the name but that is what they are going to call themselves

a few weeks ago it was announced that MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN (small horde of Shiba inus) and TONAi BOUSHO (somewhere in Tokyo) were going to merge into a single group, i thought they were going to just go by "MONSTERIDOL" which was the name of the audition show that created both groups but seems they are still attached to their previous names

also for reference the debut of MAMESHiBA and TONAi

:-)

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

☻☻☻☻☻

or "Title TBD", "title undecided", etc

cool! hoping 2024 is Chakura's breakthrough year, they debuted not much ago and so far all their music has been pretty good, they are going to hold their first tour in a couple of weeks too

for now you can support them by liking this picture of them eating Mcdonalds fries, not sure of the details but they are taking part in a project for upcoming artists

https://www.mcd-fries-beat.com/artist?name=chakura617

Been a while since I've listened to an upbeat Daoko song like this one.

it does seem to be cheerier and brighter than her latest MVs1

it's very cutesy ^^

speaking of cute things last year she sang the ost for the final Sailor Moon movie

and did a collab with Keiichi Arai who is the mangaka of Nichijou

i like both Daoko and Nichijou so that was nice!

"Raise" was the ED song for the later part of the Wano Arc of One Piece, the band originally released a MV for it but this is a new version with footage of the Anime!

One Piece was my childhood and I will forever treasure this anime in my heart<333

but i don't know how i feel about this one ... I felt the same way when Boruto was released, I still have not read nor watched it. I'm not a big fan of remakes in general so I'm unsure about this :/

But i might give it a try

i do like the original anime a lot, is not until after the time skip that many of my issues with it (bad pacing, inconsistent animation, filler) start to become noticeable, mostly i'm happy because this can introduce a lot of people to One Piece

unfortunately Boruto (specially as of lately) barely even feels like it belongs to the same universe as Naruto although not that surprising since Kishimoto is not really involved with the project, just supervises Ikemoto

something nice is that this year we likely are getting 4 new original episodes of Naruto set before Sasuke left Konoha, they were supposed to premiere in October last year but got delayed

One Piece with better pacing? Yes please! I have been waiting for this for years!

i'm also looking forward to it because of that, i watched the anime until around the end of Punk Hazard but the pacing was horrendous at that point so i changed to the manga (although i did watch the Wano arc Anime)

also check One Pace, is a fan project that has been running for a while that carefully edits the anime episodes to stay as close as possible to the pace of the manga, many arcs without the filler end being half of the original length

Watch One Pace | The Definitive One Piece Viewing Experience
    One Pace is a fan project that recuts the One Piece anime in an endeavor to bring it more in line with the pacing of the original manga by Eiichiro Oda. The…
    onepace.net

I didn't know this. I thought they will animate whole thing.

is still unclear specially since is not going to premiere until 2025 / 2026 but what we know so far is that the East Blue saga is going to be adapted which is everything that happens before they entered the Grand Line but likely they are going to continue past that

some songs

is a "V.A" album or Variety album, is going to include 10 songs among them remixes of previous releases, covers of other artists (for example they just did one of MONDO GROSSO's "Our Song") and also new songs by them

Midoriko has been on hiatus since not much after their Budokan concert last year but she appears in the teaser (although not in the group photo) the plan was for her to come back later in 2023 but her doctor told her not yet, she has been appearing in their latest videos and has starting tweeting again so hopefully we get to see 6WHYZ together soon

GDpAqTpbMAAYcS3?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

also they just announced their 5th major single "Yakudo" is going to include 3 songs and the release date is on April 24

GDjn1jFaYAAt9l2?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Who is No Face? Hayao Miyazaki finally gives us the answer
    Studio Ghibli gives fans a fascinating insight into the mysterious anime character.
    soranews24.com

Who is No Face? Hayao Miyazaki finally gives us the answer

c1bccc77-db89-4ebf-8de1-559e28c84650_704649f2.jpg

Who is No Face? It’s a question that’s puzzled fans of Ghibli’s Spirited Away since the movie debuted in 2001. The motives behind this mysterious character are hard to pin down, as it switches from being a silent entity to a greedy giant, before becoming a needy companion towards the end of the film.

However, the character’s creator, Studio Ghibli director and co-founder Hayao Miyazaki, has finally given us some much-needed insight into who No Face really is, and it hits a lot closer to home than you might think.

The revelation was shared by Kinyo Roadshow (“Friday Roadshow”), the prime Friday night movie slot on Nippon TV, the Japanese station that acquired the anime studio in October last year. The first Kinyo Roadshow movie for 2024, broadcast on 5 January, was Spirited Away, and it became a TV event, with the station live-tweeting behind-the-scenes information throughout the movie. While this has become something of a ritual for Kinyo Roadshow, there was one tweet that stood out for fans, as it contained vital information about No Face that many had never heard before.

“Who exactly is No Face? Director Hayao Miyazaki says, ‘There are many people like No Face in our midst…it’s the type of person who wants to latch on to others but doesn’t have a sense of themselves. They are everywhere.’ No Face exists without a sense of self and changes depending on the things and people it encounters.”

This background to the character helps to explain its appearance in the movie — the shadowy figure lacks substance to such an extent that its body is transparent.

Who-is-No-Face-Spirited-Away-Studio-Ghibli-anime-characters-Hayao-Miyazaki-interview-2.jpeg?w=640

Before its rampage in the bathhouse, No Face can be seen seeking the approval of others, showering them with gold to earn their affections. However, once these affections swell to god-like adoration, No Face becomes drunk on power and continues to feed its ego by devouring everything everyone gives it, and then, even the characters themselves.

Who-is-No-Face-Spirited-Away-Studio-Ghibli-anime-characters-Hayao-Miyazaki-interview-6.jpeg?w=640

These actions are all hallmarks of someone with a low sense of self who changes their behaviour in order to be liked by others. This insecurity leads No Face to shake and retreat when Chihiro refuses the gold it offers, but then it becomes so attached to her that it wants to follow her everywhere, mimicking her own personality and adopting it as his own.

Who-is-No-Face-Spirited-Away-Studio-Ghibli-anime-characters-Hayao-Miyazaki-interview-3.jpeg?w=640

However, there is hope for No Face, because sometimes people with insecurities just need the right type of supportive and accepting environment to grow and flourish.

In the end, No Face makes the decision to stay with the kindly Zeniba in her quiet rural cottage.

Who-is-No-Face-Spirited-Away-Studio-Ghibli-anime-characters-Hayao-Miyazaki-interview-5.jpeg?w=640

This insight into No Face’s motivations gives us a greater understanding of the character, and fans online were excited to learn all about it straight from Miyazaki himself, leaving comments like:

As Miyazaki says, No Face is everywhere, and if we search hard enough, we might find the character within us as well, proving that Spirited Away really is a tale with many layers that we can all learn from.

it's a remake of MONDO GROSSO / Shinichi Osawa's 2007 single "Our Song"

in late 2022 MONDRO GROSSO wrote their debut song "Wanna Dance" and has been collaborating with the group ever since, he was a guest during the 2nd part of their 2023 tour and they asked him if he could do a remix of the song for them to perform during the tour, both liked the new version so much that they decided to release it as a digital single

MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN got unlucky with the covid-19 pandemic, for the months between December 2019 to the second half of 2020 they were among the hottest acts in Japan but unfortunately they couldn't take advange of it since Japan went on lockdown, it wasn't until almost a whole year later (November 2020 or so) that they were able to hold their first concert

ironically because they weren't able to perform or do live events they decided to start a Youtube series called "Bean TV" and became really sucessful Youtubers, during the pandemic every other video they posted doing random variety show games was hitting on average 500k to 1 million views despite not being able to promote the group in public events, at some point i'm sure a lot of people knew them better for the channel than as idols

man talk about bad timing, they are my #1 example of a group that got setback by the pandemic and too bad because they release a lot of good music that year

speaking of their channel i still remember one "prank" during the pandemic where due to having a lot of free time since they couldn't do concerts or live events they decided to prank their manager by digging a 6 feet hole in the ground and then tricking him into falling inside, i just find it really funny and bizarre how some idols spent 3 weeks going to an empty landplot and in the middle of the night digging by hand a hole big enough to fit a person

GDIcn3YaIAARnn2?format=jpg&name=large

actually this was announced a couple of weeks ago but wasn't until today we finally got more information, after the announcement the tentative name was "MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN, TONAi BOUSHO a.k.a MONSTER IDOL" but seems they are going to go by MONSTER IDOL, the name is a reference to the audition show that created both groups also called MONSTER IDOL and that aired on TBS, MAMESHiBA was the group created after the first season in 2019 and TONAi on 2022

the reason behind the creation of the "new" group was because both groups lost half of their members, MAMESHiBA was down to 2 from 5 original members (although we knew since 2022 that some of them were going to leave the next year) TONAi was down to 1 from 3 original members with the second one leaving just a few weeks ago so it makes sense to merge the groups specially since both were supposed to be rival groups and have been touring together for most of last year

if curious about the previous names MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN means "small horde of shiba inus" and TONAi BOUSHO means "somewhere in tokyo", in their first performance they played a setlist combining songs from both groups so thankfully their discography is not going to dissapear, while both groups have SNS accounts the group is going to start using the one from MAMESHiBA and also their youtube channel along their Youtube series is going to be taken over by MONSTER IDOL

both groups have pretty good debuts so hopefully their upcoming is just as good

• First song since hiatus is going to be released on Jan 31
    • First mini album since hiatus is going to be released on March 31
    • First tour since hiatus is going to be held in April

the title and teasers of the album are going to be announced at a future date, the group also is scheduled to guest on TV shows and music festivals during the next days

the band still doesn't have a new drummer so for now they are performing with guests drummers this time was with Ai Kishinami