Posts by Kataphract

It is possible, due to lack of socio-economic coupling with the western economies, the social norms could be stuck in a previous, historically-accepted-but-not-now state. Keep in mind that often cultures are stagnated by what is possible, impossible, and hard to accomplish within that country. Someone might want to seek to promote gay rights but some more conservative or religiously tied governments might even outlaw discussion or depiction of such things. If it were up to the bible when Jesus was alive, Gays would be stoned and it took up until this century to shake steadfast stigmas against them. It takes time, and as resources become more abundant as the world becomes more developed, we will eventually drift away as a whole from the 'might is right' philosophy that governed the animal kingdom.

I am not trying to throw shade against any group, person, or other entity, I am simply providing possible reasons why certain cultures tend to have such extreme elements depicted in popular culture.

(also effects of war, famine, natural disaster, and other tragedies could dampen the overall public mindset to be more dark. The one that I know is that during the period after china's last dynasty, china was largely divvied up and used by european countries, more or less treated like a collection of colonies. Now as China has regained its national strength, most of the chinese population are hyper-nationalist, shunning western influences, [and largely blaming america, due to it being the 'western leader' in their eyes]. Essentially China held a grudge against a lot of countries that 'trampled' over them and now they want to clap back for things like Nanjing.)

I guess a good way to prevent future confusion like seen in this thread is to probably have an automated received receipt and a follow-up approved/rejected and a few sentences why. (well approved is approved who needs to know why lol) but for rejected one could then specify in broad strokes what is at issue in the article.

I was wondering "How are Akorns Managed/ Treated in AKP?'"

More specifically, I see elements of in-game currency (shop, handouts from the system), but users are able to trade akorns between each other like a currency tied to economy.

Are Akorns able to be manipulated like currency ( real world economics, nat'l interest rate, Budgeting, inflation/deflation) or is this more like a hybrid, similar to that seen in CS:GO, where players are able to buy and sell between each other, but since it is an open ended currency, value of a unit of currency is fixed or irrelevant; only the value of goods compared to the unit of currency is relevant?

---tbh I think its like 99% going to be the latter but I just wanted to make sure in case I wanted to flex my runescape muscles and set up shop.

Her Songs are very stereotypical. Its almost a median representation of the genres that the songs target. She is not playing into her reputation for impeccable dance either, compounding her case. I almost wish chungha did something so out of left field like an EDM-Opera hybrid or even some wacky rock-pop ultimate dance beat or just something that sticks out. Bicycle as a power song? Hwasa can wipe the board with that. Play as a cuter song? Basically all the cute-concept kpop groups got that in spades. Dream of you as a risque song? Western pop has been doing that since forever. I still stan chungha and hope she can make it internationally with Demente but still that's still just another song in the latin music world.

I also notice a lot of superfluous things in her products that she spends a lot of effort into, but the one that stands out the most is the flip in Bicycle. Obscured by the choreo, gets a split second in the MV and doesn't even stand out in the Studio Choom video. The only place where its prominently displayed is the Dance Practice video.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chungha. Her relationship with her dancers is so precious, as well as her high dynamic intelligence that basically allowed her to perform at peak since her debut. She is running out of steam and it hurts to see such a bright flame start to smoulder.

I'm behind on school I'm behind ahhhhhhh

I feel ya... One way to keep from getting more behind is, at the end of the day, consolidate everything that is due tomorrow into one to-do list. Projects that take lots of time should be broken up into day by day deadlines. If its an essay, say hey imma write 10 sentences today and check out( though that might not work if its close to the deadline). Also Vietnamese coffee is the best for crunching and rushing work.

I've just learned about hamming code error correction and now I want to make a cable that takes info from one side, generates parity bits and sends it along the cable to the other end and it will automatically check for errors. It would be directional so I would have to make two, put them antiparallel and govern which lane is used by a read write bit. Imma start with an 11bit lane, so that builds up to 16 bits, 5 bit parity, 11 bit data .... Jeez that's going to be a bunch of transistors. wish me luck!

Also Chungha and AleXa are the best!!!!

if this happens again, you might want to do something like two-factor authentication. That way even if they have your password, the will also have to do the second part, which is of your choice. I think insta does phone numbers or something similar. How it goes is that when someone logs in with your password, they'll still have to do something like enter the code texted to your number.

What terrorist and bombings in China?

1992 urumqi bombing

1997 urumqi bus bombing

1998 qaghiliq bombing

2001 hebei ANFO bomb

2007 pamirs plateau raid on ETIM camp

failed 2008 urumqi plane bombing

2008 kashgar attack

10 august 2008 - kuqa county attack

2010 aksu bombing

30-10 july 2011 kashgar attacks

june 2012 tianjin airlines flight gs7554

2013 Xinjiang Ethnic clashes

2013 tianmen square attack

2014 march kunming square massacre

april 2014 urumqi attack

may 2014 urumqi attack

march 2015 Xinjiang attack

december 2016 xinjiang attack.

I still don't support the chinese government's handling of the situation though.

Further reading:

https://ctc.usma.edu/the-seven…ge-of-terrorism-in-china/

http://trumancenter.org/doctri…rs-and-beijings-response/

China's hardline stance:

https://www.nytimes.com/intera…a-xinjiang-documents.html

https://www.cfr.org/background…pression-uyghurs-xinjiang

Yiren's weibo had supported the use of Xinjiang cotton.

Since the boycott of Xinjiang cotton by a lot of western companies over forced muslim labor, chinese artists have been issuing support for Xinjiang cotton as a show of patriotism.... is what the surface looks like.

In reality Chinese artists are expected to show such support as role model citizens of china, within or outside of china, else they risk being sanctioned, banned, or boycotted by the chinese government and major entertainment companies of china. Yiren has no control over her weibo and as a chinese artist she might risk being canceled or sanctioned by the chinese entertainment industry if they do not patriotically support their countries matters. If Xinjiang cotton is a economic powerhouse for china, public figures have to support it or risk ire from the government. That is unconditional support -- even if it is unethical.

Another instance is when Liu Yifei (刘亦菲) the actress for disney's 2020 Mulan officially "condoned" the Hong Kong extradition law. She was basically forced to do so or risk losing her place in the chinese entertainment industry, which provided her whole career up until then.

Even a chinese artist WangYibo had dragged his feet for a full three days after most domestic chinese artists had cut contracts with the boycotting companies. There is dissent, but it is always paved over by the threat of losing a career, company, or even future.

Further YueHua has already been under fire from the chinese gov't before and to have a rogue artist ( from the position of mainland) would be basically asking the government to kill the company. China is already combing the tax filings and past buisness deals of the western companies to find dirt on the companies to litigate against. Western companies can retreat back across the East-West border. YueHua cannot. If YueHua were to be taken down, then Everglow goes with it. If China can hold back $315B worth Ant IPO, then they can basically squash a entertainment company worth only several million.

TL;DR Yiren had no control over what happened. Even if she did, there was really only one choice. Guys please don't hate on her.
    #OT6
    #WITHYIREN