Posts by dopiee

There's no reason to look down on the ways people go about their careers. I especially hate when people say how it's better when their idols are only focused on music because that means they are only in it for the music.

1. Not everyone can have a big enough sustainable income from music so should they not go the other routes to support themselves? Especially looking at his idols are looked at in Korea(as beneath other artists and actors)

2. They're are artists who have released an album in 2012 and then another one in 2021. Does that mean they don't care about their music? Exactly how do you capture(?) this for an artistic process. Why release something for the sake of releasing something.

Hmm ok.

Yeah all the focus on new chapter really threw me off too. I'm still in between but it's great that you're excited :thumbup::borahae:

I'm only talking about this particular case and the narrative that HYBE stopped them from releasing a new album altogether or HYBE is making them release only 3 songs. I understand all the instances where agencies or let's say the staff from those agencies exert a bigger control over them. I have voiced these complaints myself so there's no need to call me an anti over this.

I don't understand this either. For me I'll always put the direction the group is going in on the group themselves(or atleast a part of it in kpop). That is on BTS. This doesn't mean I'm against them.

But BTS being actively stopped from releasing music is not something I'll ever agree about ig unless they come out and say it themselves.

It's interesting because i think it's the opposite happening rn. But I'll just wait and see how this release plays out.

im alright with a compilation album but why now?

after 1.5 years and they know we eager for a new album? wtf??

and why at 9 years instead of 10? on top of what been going on the last month, the stupidity that came out of their pr head?

something is definitely up, people just love to swallow their happy pills but not me.

Tbh this feels like a release for the sake of releasing something to me. And that's the number 1 reason I feel so disappointed. Mix that with all the new chapter hints they've been throwing around it was not a good timing for this.

Afaik hybe don't have a say on members mixtapes, neither content and even release schedule. They don't promote their mixtapes after release too.

They do look out for the time of their release though. Pretty sure Suga mentioned sitting on d-2 for some time since the company couldn't find a right time for release and then he decided to make more changes.

I'm not saying Hybe is saying "No music" it's just that pointing out that BTS has control of their musical output doesn't take into account all the business moves that make that statement a "yeah... but" more often than not. Singles could have already been written, mixtapes done and Hybe could be like "We'll sit on this" or "We''l divide this up" to maximize profit/release in a more beneficial period/act as a safety net for whatever gaming thing they're doing.

I don't disagree with this but i don't understand what it has got to do with what I said. I commented on this based on what people were saying in this thread and blaming only Hybe.

I'm far from a company stan but BTS aren't this powerless.