Posts by Ves

Q: I dunno the situation but did the CEO ask them to do something humiliating sort of bordering on sexual harrassment?

As far as I know, no, but I don't get why he is trying so hard to keep a group of girls that obviously don't want to be part of the company anymore. I don't believe in the whole trainee debt thing, so that's not a factor for me - the company chose to take the risk.

Aren't they suing to have their contracts terminated? Well, these are some of the reasons they want out - physical and mental health issues. Now why they didn't provide this earlier, because perhaps the injunction wouldn't have gotten denied with more evidence, that I can't say.

Early Fall Out Boy fits too:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ok this was a bit later, but it still could fit.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hmmmmm

Any other GP-friendly retro punk songs? :pepecute:

See my post :wink:

These too:

LOL, I love Green Day

What are some good examples of retro punk?? That's not really my forte you see lol

There are many more examples, but when I saw the genre my mind immediately went to:

It is payola as in ethical marketing. Just like some companies might buy ads in magazine or commercials on TV. It is legitimate marketing.

It isn't payola that is unethical, such as sajaegi where a company directly or indirectly bulk buys their albums or mass bot streams. Or pays directly or indirectly many people to use fake accounts to create an impression of widespread support on social media. Unethical payola is cheating.

Agreed, for the most part*. There is nothing below the board going on from what I can see (and outlined). I think it's amazingly short sighted if people are trying to use it against them. This good marketing. Other companies should learn from this, bar none.

*Paying for chart placement is kind of blurring the "ethical" line, but it's also kind of the way the music industry works in the West. Thus I'm not considering it below the board when the alternative is an uphill battle that is hardly ever won. Pick your battles and be smart about it - that's what MHJ is doing.

MY OPINION:

It's obvious that NJ push is huge and they are EVERYWHERE, CFs, charts, festivals you name it. Sure you can talk about payola because I think its pointless to deny, but they are combining it with a SOLID foundation of crowd-pleasing songs and talented, attractive, easy to like girls. Its that solid foundation that fuels their successful "in-your-face-all-the-time" marketing.

Does MHJ want to brand them into your memory? Hell yes and she's using all the resources at her disposal to make sure it comes true. Is it working - well shit, I'd bet a ton on her budgets and roadplan for NJ being one the best ever. In that sense - I don't really think they have competition. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

I discovered BTS and became ARMY in late 2017. Though ARMY independence didn't really become "official" until a year later, it felt like it had been brewing even when I got to know BTS and ARMY. As others have said, the complaint was that ARMY weren't really KPOP stans and I feel this stemmed from the whole "western validation" slur in which BTS did indeed breakout into the West and began gaining a lot of fans there. However, because kpop was (and still isn't) a huge thing in the West, many of the fans they gained were more into BTS rather than KPOP per se and that rubbed fans of kpop the wrong way.

I'll say this. To me, it seemed nonsensical because you don't tell someone who likes pop in the West that they must like all pop groups do you? Yea, cause all Swifties are huge fans of Katy Perry. Right. I like kpop just fine personally, not all of it, but I can appreciate a lot of it. I have an additional cause in that I am for things the further normalize the idea that Asians are not just stereotypical nerds of the model minority, but I digress cause its off topic.

But honestly, who would want to belong to something where they are told what they have to be interested in and vice versa? So joke's on them, ARMY never cared anyway and were just as happy to not be in the club! Then some got mad that ARMY didn't give a shit and some were in fact happy/celebrating it. LMAO.

LOL, I didn't see this before I posted, but THIS. Check the spoiler list.