Posts by Kahoru

I majored in Spanish Translation and Interpreting when I was in college. Currently, I work as a second grade teacher.

LENGTHY POST UNDER SPOILER, OK!

That was LONG but all in all...don't worry about HOW you get your job or embark on a career. Not once did I ever think I was going to be teaching at some point. But here I am. You will be FINE. There is something out there for everyone (yes, even in this economy) and you will be perfectly fine. It's difficult, yes, it is, but even if you have to start out in something different to what you majored in, it will all help you build the skills and gain the experience you need to succeed. You got this!

I put a classroom appropriate playlist on so whatever is on that I listen to. I also play some worship playlists at times and those are lovely. Currently, I'm usually leaving a playlist on loop with the songs my students need to learn for the holiday programs.

Other times, and more rarely, I play Harry Potter soundtracks or Kpop, as a treat to the girls, lol.

I went out to run some errands. I needed to start picking up items for Secret Santa at work, needed some stuff for work, too and got some coffee on the way. Then when I got home, I relaxed for a bit then did my lesson plans and got all my copies ready for the week.

Rarely, anymore. Since COVID and masks, I got used to not wearing it because wearing it was just wasting perfectly good makeup, so I didn't and now I got used to it and quite like my face without it. So moisturizer + sunscreen and we're good to go. Also, I am one of the few people who still wears a mask so even less of a reason to wear makeup.

It's already been said but in the US, people aren't really concerned anymore, even though there has been an uptick of cases in certain areas. Where I live, it may as well be a thing of the past (currently...) Some people wear masks (myself included,) but many do not, and many people that I know who were previously very cautious and swore they wouldn't stop wearing masks any time soon are now not wearing them. They are no longer mandatory in schools, even though they had been for a very long time. Spring Break came and went without a massive amount of cases popping up. So far, it's like this, but who knows how much longer. I do know of people who have tested positive lately, so it's out there...we're just hoping and praying it doesn't get bad again...

Sometimes, but mostly when I'm sitting here thinking about the choices I've made up until now. Younger me imagined 27 year old me being married, having children, a stable career and a beautiful home. And a lot of my peers have that, and many times it feels like time is slipping away. But I often look at those who are my age and are going through the same thing as me, and then I feel a little bit better. It's just society telling us we are getting older and we need to have x-amount of things accomplished by a certain age, but all our timelines are different and I know I'm not too old to accomplish what I want.

I do it to lose weight/get more fit, and I go the gym. I used to work out at home, mostly, but going to the gym right after work is working better for me and it helps me push myself harder than I would at home. I do strength and cardio as well. I also plan to go to a dietitian soon to help me clean up my eating habits a little more so I can reach my goals.

I think I would be fine without it, but any work communication is done via phone (WhatsApp, usually) and it's hard to keep my phone away from me knowing we could receive important information at any time. And I do mean, at ANY time. (I silence notifications on the weekend and holidays, though.) Right now, I do feel like I need it because my parents are out of town and I need to keep in touch with them. But otherwise, I could probably do without on a weekend. Not during the week though.

It is, in fact, my vice, my addiction, a problem. I just had an iced coffee that I got with my breakfast and have a Starbucks one in the glass bottle in the fridge. I also had iced coffee like 2 days in a row earlier this week. I just...can't stop. BUT! I have gotten better about it, and only because getting it on a daily basis is too much hassle nowadays, as I'd have to leave the house earlier and I don't feel like it. I used to have it DAILY in high school and college.

Met a guy who I clicked really well with. We had even talked about potentially moving in together at some point. It was all going so well. I knew he had a child, and of course knew his ex was in the picture because of the child. He always told me they had separated. But one day, he just told me he was moving back to his home state to find work (even though his entire family was moving back to this state...) and then disappeared without a trace 2 days later. It hurt...a lot. I cried for weeks on end. Then, months later, I find a photo of him on Facebook with...lo and behold, his """""ex"""" wife and child, together with his family. I would've preferred some honesty, at least, but no. Good riddance, I guess.

And yes, I broke my first boyfriend's heart.

Shows that I used to watch as a child (Arthur, Caillou, Between the Lions, Rugrats, etc.,) music from the early to mid 2000s, places, seeing my students enjoy things that I enjoyed as a kid and will never get to see through their eyes again.