Posts by 9397Duo

This just made me emotional :waterr:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

His “soon” is 9 months and more. ;(

They’re always one step ahead. While other companies are now dipping their toes in the US again, BigHit and their acts are looking at expanding their reach to India, which is an untapped market that holds so much potential.

Gotta thank that viral BTS X Chunari Chunari edit for helping turn BigHit’s head towards this market.

I won’t speak on behalf of ONCES here since I’m not one but I’ll accept your personal apology. We often get caught up in our emotions when trying to express our opinions and sometimes we feel like we’re talking to a brick wall because we want the other side to agree with us so it happens. And the new AKP is worse in terms of regulating bashing posts and troll behaviour than the old forum.

Still, whatever I said in that particular thread was my honest surprise and not a shade towards your faves.

I am not that sure about that because the pandemic changed their plans. I think not even all the dates were revealed before the cancellation so it is not certain we would have even BE the way it is now.

I don't think BH actually expected the album to sell only 36k the second month after release and during the Christmas season but again this is my opinion. Like it is my opinion that almost no Army thought that this album would sell less than 3 mil before the pre orders and the price were revealed. But it did happen.

But even if you are right, if this release now is what they actually planned and thought it was a good idea, then it is even sadder.

Hmm, I disagree with that 3M prediction. “Almost no ARMY” predicted less? I remember the threads made last year about how much it would sell once the price was revealed and there didn’t seem to be any news of a standard edition. A lot of us, including me, expected it to sell around 1M at best. Some of us even lowered our expectations to 800-900k.

When it sold 2.6M, we were surprised, especially after the C-ARMY and CCP fiasco who could’ve added another million to those numbers.

Not only BTS lots of groups have recieved so much hate back then. Both 2nd and 3rd gen has dragged each other. But instead of changing that toxic culture ARMYs have even taken it to the next level.

It's funny you compare the 2012's influence to 2017's influence. Time, situation & everything has different.

BB has been invited in US award shows and recieved awards. But yet your fellow ARMY has called them some token Asian group and they had no real US fans lmao. Then how they could chart in BB200 in 2012. The difference is during 2nd gen no one has cared about success. We have just enjoyed the music. We haven't even know BB has gone to US, recieved awards. We haven't even had goal for YT streaming. Everything was just going by the flow. But now it's all about success. That success is much more fueled by mass streaming, mass voting & bulk buying.

it’s not the VMAs, dude. The EMAs are not a US award show ffs but a European alternative to it. Stop lying about BB being the first to attend a US award show when they weren’t.

Finally, a version I may be able to afford!

I think many ARMYs have already expressed what I was going to say about BigHit only revealing and releasing the “standard”/more affordable version of the album now after being vague about its existence throughout the entire rollout of the Deluxe edition to get only rich ARMYs to buy a $50 album during the pandemic. The classists and company stans have defended their decisions at every turn with their “It’s a luxury, not a necessity” justification, knowing full well that this is Kpop where fans obsessively doing everything they can to support their faves’ charting/sales (which usually includes buying physical albums) is the norm and BigHit is aware of this, especially with fans’ knowledge of the boys being more heavily involved in its creation than before.

“They never said there was going to be a standard version” y’all say, right in the face of BigHit cheekily naming the album a “Deluxe Edition” when those two words together have always meant an alternative (extended) version of an album exists for any other artist. Guess that despite making more bank on it, they still wanted MOTS:7’s sales numbers.

It’s even more ironic that they keep calling this a gift. If you have to shell out more money than usual to purchase something, it’s not a gift of “appreciation”. :S

Anyway, I’ll be buying this one although I wish they had released this earlier during the Grammy voting period at least.

"Twice ranked 3rd with streams not so far behind BP’s " you did but anyway defend all you want just keep bp out yall mouth

Yes, I compared Twice to not just BP but all the other groups that you conveniently ignored.

The main point:

AKP users claim that they’re nugu outside of Korea and Japan but global streams show otherwise. How?

They’re 3rd behind only BTS and BP. And their streams are not so pathetically far behind BPs (I DID say that BP are much bigger than them globally regardless). They’re above all these other Kpop groups like NCT, SKZ, IDLE etc that AKP deems “internationally popular”.

How then are they still only popular in two countries? You can’t go around pushing this narrative and then get mad when others are surprised to see stats that point otherwise.

Since you wanna compare streaming. Blackpink one album with 1.1billion stream twice whole stream for last year has 1.1billion stream. Twice benefit from having over a 150 song to stream. Not even one twice album has hit over a 200m stream stop comparing

I mean, that’s great for BP? We all know they’re much bigger than Twice globally.

That still doesn’t take away the fact that Kpop fans love parading the narrative that Twice only has two markets while other Kpop groups like NCT, SKZ, IDLE etc are globally popular. When we look at these streaming numbers, the surprise from some users is expected.

If Twice’s streams are “pathetic”, what does that say for the rest under them?

you

I don’t see how it has anything to do with this

Ggs do better in streaming while bgs do better with sales that’s why nct charts better than twice on bb200 while twice has better Spotify stats

??? Not sure how BB200 factors into the convo.

It has everything to do with this. SugaKitty was surprised that Twice ranked 3rd with streams not so far behind BP’s and ahead of so many other groups like NCT, Stray Kids, G-IDLE and others whom AKP users constantly tout to be “internationally popular”. It’s not a shade when we’re all made to believe that they’re only popular in Korea (where Spotify isn’t used) and Japan. Yet you assumed she was a ONCE and proceeded to flip at her and call Twice’s streams “pathetic”. Thing is, she wasn’t the only one who’s surprised. Many of us were too.

people drag bp everyday all the time using twice

Why shouldnt i do it too?

This is pretty hypocritical coming from u when I’ve seen u drag bp multiple times

Idk what’s so surprising about twice being third when they the second biggest gg internationally and have been third for quite some time

That’s why I said you get upset when ARMYs downplay BP but have no qualms dragging another GG. ^^

It IS surprising because, despite being the 3rd biggest group overall, people on this forum often act as if Twice is nugu outside of Korea and Japan when their global Spotify streams trumps even other groups that are considered to be “internationally popular” like NCT and Stray Kids.

I would hardly call that “pathetic”.

twice pump out music every month while bp have 23 songs

You do the maths

Saw your previous unedited reply. Even if it had a been a ONCE, you were being really aggressive to them. I myself was surprised to Twice in 3rd place above so many other 3rd Gen peers—who also have multiple comebacks and huge discographies—because people on this forum have been pushing the narrative that they’re absolute nugus outside of Korea and Japan. Their Spotify numbers show otherwise, that while not having as many streams as BTS and BP, they could still hold their own against other Kpop acts who are deemed more popular than them internationally.

You seem to get upset when some ARMYs downplay your other bias group but you have no qualms dragging another GG to filth to spite another fandom.