Posts by Yoonqifies

If you have an iPhone and you are using Safari, you have to update the actual iOS to get the latest version of Safari. Other browsers try to keep up with the latest software too, so even if they've been updated but your phone os has not, it might not be running optimally. Give it a try - best of luck! But if this doesn't fix any issues, then I'm out of ideas other than resetting/getting a new phone - which is not something I want to tell anyone to do!

Okay, good news! My phone finished updating and it looks like quite a bit of the lag went away when I got on the AKP website! The performance still isn't perfect, but it's much better than before. Thank you so much for that suggestion :holding-back-tears:

Have you tried making sure your browser is up to date? Your phone software itself?

Oh my god, you might be onto something! I haven't updated my phone in a while so that might be the issue! I can't believe I didn't even take that into consideration, haha :sweat: But I know for sure that my browser is up to date since I have automatic app updates on, I just don't have automatic software updates on.

I actually started updating my phone just a few minutes after I posted this thread, so hopefully it'll be done soon and my issues will be fixed. :holding-back-tears:

Have you tried either using another browser or if you prefer the browser you are on, logging on through an incognito/private window? At times, your cache can cause your experience to be glitchy, especially if there have been updates.

I have done all that, unfortunately </3

I've tried using Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, even Microsoft edge even though it sucks, lol. I've also done the incognito thing, and cleared all my cache, history, and cookies. None of it worked! But, if that's all the stuff I can do that could possibly fix my issues, then it's probably just my phone and PC bugging out!

If there aren't any other tips or suggestions you can give me though, thanks for trying to help with my problems anyways! I really appreciate your help and the super speedy replies, it made things a lot easier for me, lol :)

Well, for one, BTS helped HYBE earn more than enough money to begin building successful girl-groups. That money led to them being able to buy/acquire a large percentage of Pledis, which already had a girl-group signed under it at the time (GFriend) Having GFriend under HYBE probably helped them learn at least a little bit about how to properly make and manage a girl-group.

But they also created ADOR and acquired Source Music which were probably the biggest factors in them creating successful girl-groups. They made Min Hee-jin the CEO of ADOR and Min Hee-jin had already been working with a few bigger girl-groups before joining HYBE (She did visual branding for Girl's Generation, f(x), Red Velvet, EXO, and SHINee), so she kind of knew her way around girl-groups and how they worked.

Also, the staff that managed BigHit's failed girl-group GLAM aren't managing HYBE's current girl-groups, which is another reason why NewJeans and Le Ssserafim succeeded.

When you reference article/post, do you mean the actual forum here or the news article side with up/down votes?

I mean both! The forum and the official website are both pretty glitchy for me unfortunately </3

I will say that the forums are slightly less glitchy, but it's still quite frustrating when I'm trying to do stuff :(

(I’m really hoping this is the right place to post this thread, but if not then I’m super sorry!)

Hello! I’m just quickly making this thread to discuss some issues I’ve been having with the AKP website & forums lately so that I can know if anyone else is experiencing the same things as I am, or if it’s just an issue with my devices :)

So, whenever I go on the Allkpop website or forums it’s almost always really laggy and glitchy! The homepage that has all the articles displayed frequently freezes up and oftentimes, it takes forever for the page to fully load, which is quite frustrating. The issues don’t stop there though, because whenever I open up an article, it has the same issues, amongst other issues as well. Also for some additional information, all of these issues happen when I open AKP on both my phone and PC.

Here’s a cohesive list of all the issues I have when reading AKP articles & Forum posts so that it’s easier to read:

1.) The article/post freezes up quite a lot so I’m forced to exit out of the tab and create a whole new one.
    2.) Sometimes an article/post will freeze up so badly that I can’t even turn off my phone, which forces me to have to completely power my phone off.
    3.) The articles/posts also take forever to load, and sometimes it doesn’t even fully load no matter how long I wait.
    4.) I will be scrolling through the article/post I'm reading and it will suddenly move my screen back up to a whole other part of the article.
    5.) Sometimes when I’m reading an article/post the page will just randomly refresh and force me back to the top of the article again, forcing me to scroll all the way back down.
    6.) When I try to type out a comment/reply for an article or post, it will take forever to even type out a single word because of how laggy AKP is.
    7.) Sometimes I can’t even comment/reply on an article or post because of how glitchy AKP is! I’ll have typed out my whole comment and pressed the post button, only for it to refuse to post at all, no matter how many times I click on the post button.
    8.) Sometimes when I actually am able to comment/reply, all of the text I included in my message will suddenly disappear and cause me to leave a comment/reply that looks completely blank.

I'm turning 18 next month and I'm currently 5'5 (Around 164 cm)

But don't worry too much about your height, it really isn't a big deal! Being tall is a blessing when it comes to certain things so try to focus on all the good things that you can do because of your height (like reaching the top shelf, never worrying about height requirements on different things, etc.) Being 6'4 or over doesn't make you an "abnormal giant" lol :)

EDIT : I also looked at your profile and saw that you are a guy. It's not uncommon for guys to be on the taller side so your height isn't anything to freak out over.

It's personally very hard for me because heat gives me really really bad migraines, and I live in Texas so it's constantly hot in the summer, that's why I'm a winter girl lol, Texas is bipolar so in the winter it rains and snows and then gets super cold and id much rather go through that than have daily migraines. But where I live (near Corpus Christi) we had over 20 inches of rain over the course of last week and weekend, so it hasn't been hot at all which I'm very grateful for. I stay inside most of the time during summer, since I'm Irish and Scottish and burn from even being out in the sun for 5 mins... and I hate the sticky feeling of sunscreen.