Should Sakura have joined YG not Hybe?

Approved the thread.
  • and get what dungeoned? Its clear Sakura enjoys being an idol and performing and yg would just dungeon her and her group members. At least with hybe she can pursue solo works and also enjoy the performances aspect of being an idol.

• as her fan: at the beginning, i wasn't sure if joining hybe is the right decision for her exactly because of the whole fiasco with glam and gfriend. but she's clearly happy and much more confident in her skills and in the path she's taking. plus i got chaewon and sakura in one group again which is like a dream come true for an izone fan.

as a blink: i can say no one in their right mind would join yg in its current state. if sakura really had gone to that company she would have been stuck in the dungeon for at least 2 more years. girlie is 24, she cannot afford to lose any more time in a corporation known for wasting the talent of its artists.

• Whether it's true or not, an invitaion doesn't equal a debut. YGE is a punching bag in here, but I imagine it must be super intimidating to audition for YGE. Everyone and their grandmother knows about Blackpink and their trainee days.

• Only those who strive to be locked in a dungeon will choose YGE

• She shouldn't have joined hybe or yg.

She should have gone back to Japan or gone solo.

• Never heard of YG being interested in Sakura, I doubt it was true as YG never tried to recruit veteran idols for their new groups. YG along with SM & JYP have very oldschool mindset when it comes to idols, they want to train them so that they have a certain style to match the company.

Anyway Sakura in Hybe seems like a good match, she's the type that knows what she's doing so I don't doubt that she got the best contract she possibly could from them.

• That wouldn't fit with how YG does things.

• So that she can be in the dungeon until all her hype and fans leave her? Yeah no. She's fine where she is. Fans are assured of regular content and don't have to starve for years only to see their fave for 5 minutes every year. I doubt she's even be assured a debut even if it was promised to her.

Honestly just the thought of her almost being in yg is a nightmare.

• If you can believe the rumors then YG's new gg is very young. I don't believe that Sakura with a bunch of 16 year old girls would work.

• It's just rumours, yg ain't one to take leftovers (especially a 24 year old girl)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!