"BTS IS FAMOUS FOR BEING FAMOUS"

• I've seen this statement being used for bts a lot on the k side. wth does this even mean?

Approved the thread.
  • they initially became popular for their music, but nowadays a large percentage of their fandom are success stans who don't care what they release

And if you ask someone who isn't a kpop fan what they know about BTS, they most likely will say that they're that popular kpop group with the crazy fandom, not anything about their music, personalities, or talent.

• It’s the same thing they used for IU and Big Bang. Might be because they are S-listers??

• And if you ask someone who isn't a kpop fan what they know about BTS, they most likely will say that they're that popular kpop group with the crazy fandom, not anything about their music, personalities, or talent.

why would someone that isn't a kpop fan or is not interested in kpop at all know everything about their music, personalities or talent? It's not the drag you think it is

• Nothing wrong with that. It just means you've made it.😉

• It just shows how mainstream they are. They will trend for every mundane thing they do.

• Implies 2 things,

1. People who are not into music, or into kpop music, or into BTS' music - still would be aware of them, across fields/countries etc.

2. People who actually aren't into their music, still would like to pretend to be part of their fandom for socio-psychological needs, name dropping/success stanning etc.

Both actually reflect well on the artists. That they have become an undeniable brand, above and beyond their 'product' i.e. music in this case.

• they initially became popular for their music, but nowadays a large percentage of their fandom are success stans who don't care what they release

And if you ask someone who isn't a kpop fan what they know about BTS, they most likely will say that they're that popular kpop group with the crazy fandom, not anything about their music, personalities, or talent.

Your saltiness made your comment useless.

• why would someone that isn't a kpop fan or is not interested in kpop at all know everything about their music, personalities or talent? It's not the drag you think it is

That wasn't intended to be a drag. It's simply that if you asked a local to name a Taylor Swift song, you'd likely get a quick answer. Not so sure this is the case for BTS. It's not their fault though. OP just asked why some knetz say that

• I live in the us and it used to be like that here. People would learn abt them before herring abt their songs because they were really making waves for a Korean artist

But now after dynamite a LOT and I mean A LOT more people listen to their music now. Even their Korean stuff. I’m a high schooler and school opened up this year I couldn’t believe how many ppl knew them and their songs, and I’m not talking army’s just casual fans. They are really well known and ppl even meme abt them. , the McDonald’s meal was a whole damn meme at our school bc so many ppl wanted it, especially with little kids too.

My choir teacher put on dynamite and asked us to name the songs and artist, everyone said bts. Some girl went on a rant abt how the “old” dynamite was better (Katy perrys) and two girls were fighting over who was better jimin or rm lmao

• happy everyone can see through the bitterness of that one user lol

Implies 2 things,

1. People who are not into music, or into kpop music, or into BTS' music - still would be aware of them, across fields/countries etc.

2. People who actually aren't into their music, still would like to pretend to be part of their fandom for socio-psychological needs, name dropping/success stanning etc.

Both actually reflect well on the artists. That they have become an undeniable brand, above and beyond their 'product' i.e. music in this case.

probably best explaination

• BTS are in the top 10 most streamed Spotify artists of all time, I don’t get the argument that their fans don’t care about their music.

Maybe it just means that they’re in the news a lot for setting records and being popular overseas?

• BTS are in the top 10 most streamed Spotify artists of all time, I don’t get the argument that their fans don’t care about their music.

Maybe it just means that they’re in the news a lot for setting records and being popular overseas?

It’s delusional to say armys don’t care about BTS music. That is the last thing that can be said about them.

• I live in the us and it used to be like that here. People would learn abt them before herring abt their songs because they were really making waves for a Korean artist

But now after dynamite a LOT and I mean A LOT more people listen to their music now. Even their Korean stuff. I’m a high schooler and school opened up this year I couldn’t believe how many ppl knew them and their songs, and I’m not talking army’s just casual fans. They are really well known and ppl even meme abt them. , the McDonald’s meal was a whole damn meme at our school bc so many ppl wanted it, especially with little kids too.

My choir teacher put on dynamite and asked us to name the songs and artist, everyone said bts. Some girl went on a rant abt how the “old” dynamite was better (Katy perrys) and two girls were fighting over who was better jimin or rm lmao

That’s cool. Thanks for sharing!

• it is kinda like Gangman style

but instead of having an extra catchy song you have a boy band (yeah, that is all the hype)

you heard about the song, is not a song you would put on your playlist, but it has so much hype arround you that you go and listen to it or watch the mv to know why is everyone talking about it.

Gangman style at least is so funny to watch. And grown Men would not feel ashamed of watching it, that would drawn many more people than other groups. Not that there is any shamefull thing on the MV, but is is directed to girls...you know, my brother would skip that very fast.

and i think i can say it here on anons, fan girls and their smallpox behaviour. If some group is catchy for whatever reason, you go an tell you best girlfriend and you will stan together, and so go on and on.

Also many other groups kpop or not kpop (example: One direction, Exo), you could see the cracks on the group soon after the stardom kick them big. NOt with BTS, they grew stronger on the fans point of view. That gave them the chance to grow when they should have started to slow down on their career. So basically hard work.

• I have some friends who abhor kpop for like years ago. They started supporting bts during the bwl or dynamite era. I am surprised myself. I guess bts has this alure to change people’s mind and like their music.

• I've seen this statement being used for bts a lot on the k side. wth does this even mean?

That they are so famous that people know who they are even if they do not need to consume their music or are their fans.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!