How is stray kidz selling as much as blackpink on Billboard 200 chart?

Approved the thread.
  • They are actually very popularity,OP.

• stop setting up bp. Plus The Album came out two years ago and sales have doubled in every part of the world. When bp comes back they will sell 2x more in the US than they did in 2020, given yg and interscope doesn't screw them by not giving US distribution. Stop shading skz, they are doing great

• If you convinced yourself they are not popular, this isn't their problem.

And BLACKPINK will probably sell much more than SKZ when they actually comeback and be able to benifit from how bigger K-pop became globally since their last release.

• They got caught using Korean sales already.

Plus the digital album cost 4.49 now on their shop.

Be ready for the free fall.

• By making us exclusive photocards and distributing them outside us. When was the last time you heard a country specific something was being sold outside that country? Adele made exclusive japanese version of her album and only sold it japan. Stray kids did the same for us but they are distributing it even outside us.

• let's learn to spell their name first!

Blackpink haven't had a comeback since forever, and Stray Kids have a lot of stays in the US. It's really not complicated.

• BP was #2 on BB with I think 107k sales in 2020. Skz is going to be #1 with between 80-90k by the prediction.

The Album now has over 300k sales. BP lasted 3 weeks i think in the top 10. Someone correct me if am wrong.

BP has not had a comeback since 2020. There is no way that they will sell 107k in the first week again. With the boom in physical sales for kpop, that's number is bound to go up.

I will say this though. Having the #1 album in the states and not having even one song on the BB100 chart is....

• Stray kids is the new superm. Superm atleast was on bubbling under. Stray kids manipulated bigger than superm.

• Everyone makes fun of SKZ being nugu on Korea. Suddenly their korean fandom is super strong to make them debut with 100k units on US. At least be consistent.

Even If JYP wants to manipulate Billboard the way you want to claim, 950-400 index on Yes24 (which sales are even lower) won't make them sell that much.

• Seethe :pepe-hehe: are their Spotify and YouTube music streams in the U.S. chart manipulation as well. This is what you all get for living in your little hateful bubbles.

You guys are desperate despite a billboard writer personally shutting you guys down. Embarrassing :teeheek:

• BangChan is the male Rose confirmed.

• Then y they never chart before? Now straight number. 1

Cuz they didn't have US distribution until now. I thought this was known.

Twice also charted for the first at #200 after they had US distribution.

Skz just have more fans in the States. Is as simple as that.

• Then y they never chart before? Now straight number. 1

absolutely abysmal distribution

US stays had to wait for weeks or even months to receive their albums, because everyone was buying from the same shop as it was the one that counted Billboard. JYPE didn't prepare more convenient ways of purchase for Stray Kids.

• Can you not use Blackpink for your fanwar or wtv that is with Stray Kids?

Blackpink is so much more than just album sales.

As for SKZ, they're popular among kpop stans in the west, not their fault some of you discover that fact now. I even believe they're 2nd to BTS for Boys Groups. All they needed was an US label/distribution.

• Make no sense. Blackpink and twice taking time to reach top tennn but stay kidz doing it at one try

Actually, Blackpink in 2017 had AIIYL in the bubbling under hot100 chart, in 2018 D4 in the hot100/Square Up top50 BB200 without US label. So it didn't take that much time.

• Aren't they using the same method as SuperM? I've seen fans denying it but we all know fan clarifications aren't reliable.

• BP's popularity in the states definitely goes way beyond Album sales.

But am definitely expecting comments about Skz now being the 2nd most popular and successful kpop group in the US

• You showing I am right. Blackpink being more popular couldn't do no. 1 or top 10 straight up but this no popularity group can

So you think Skz in 2018 or 2019 or 2020 with US distribution would have placed #1?

• Aren't they using the same method as SuperM? I've seen fans denying it but we all know fan clarifications aren't reliable.

No they aren't.

And why wouldn't be fan clarifications reliable about something that we can back up with facts? You just don't want to believe it because you've already made up your mind that you don't want to accept SKZ are selling so well.

Even a bb journalist had to shut people like you down :smirks2:

• Make no sense. Blackpink and twice taking time to reach top tennn but stay kidz doing it at one try

Blackpink only ever had US distribution with THE ALBUM, they did chart in bb200 before the album but not high since they didn't have US distribution. Also just accept that skz has more fans than twice in the US and they couldn't chart before because they didn't have US distribution.

• Blackpink only ever had US distribution with THE ALBUM, they did chart in bb200 before the album but not high since they didn't have US distribution. Also just accept that skz has more fans than twice in the US and they couldn't chart before because they didn't have US distribution.

I think twice has more casual fans in the US honestly. They make a lot of noise but it's not the same thing as a fan who will purchase the album.

• I think twice has more casual fans in the US honestly. They make a lot of noise but it's not the same thing as a fan who will purchase the album.

Yes twice has relatively more gp interest and casual fans in US but hardcore fans, skz beats them in US

• Blackpink being more popular in 2018 can't be top. 10 but this no popularity can go no. 1

Ok. Maybe you are just dumb to not realize that time also plays a part in how people chart.

And you didn't even answer my question. To you if skz had US distribution in 2018, they would have been #1.

• My comment didn't send, sorry. I said what made SuperM sell a big amount of albums was bundles. A lot of people don't like this method, but they did nothing wrong, but they did nothing wrong, because in that time, It was allowed by Billboard and they just played by the rules. But It's not allowed anymore, nor SKZ is doing. Jeff Benjamin already defended them on that.

• You showing I am right. Blackpink being more popular couldn't do no. 1 or top 10 straight up but this no popularity group can

A rapper did a surprise release the same week than BP, BP sold 110k units in 1st week and was 2nd. SKZ don't have big releases in the same week and had an exclusive version for US.

• I think twice has more casual fans in the US honestly. They make a lot of noise but it's not the same thing as a fan who will purchase the album.

Boys Groups will always sell more albums than Girls Groups.

• Ok. Maybe you are just dumb to not realize that time also plays a part in how people chart.

And you didn't even answer my question. To you if skz had US distribution in 2018, they would have been #1.

Obviously not. Kpop is more popular now than it was in 2018, that's why all group sell more albums. New western kpop stans like Stray Kids

• This thread contains 33 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!