yall heard about new gg that uses lgbtq as a concept????

• So for the queer folks on this forum that are exposed to constant skinship in Kpop idol culture...how do you deal with it? Do you accept it as fanservice that idols are doing to make their fans happy? Do you try to ignore it as best as you can? Do you just go with it and actually find some entertainment value out of it?

As for me, as a het, I find skinships to be harmless fun, i think the fanservice and fanedit videos are hilarious and cute af. With Izone, i'm enjoying the skits that Yuri and Hyewon do from time to time where they pretend to be bickering couple like this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But obviously it's easy for me to treat the skinship like entertainment. I probably wouldnt react the same way if i was a queer woman.

ETA: lol i think i linked the wrong video, this is the bickering video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think I mostly accept it as part of the game, something else that I dislike in the kpop industry and that I have to get over, lol. I don't think any of the idols doing it have bad intents, they probably see it as part of their 'performance', like flirting with their fans etc...

But I feel like BTS and BP don't upset me too much, lol. There is some flirting on stage to make the fans scream I guess, but I can get over it because the members themselves seem to have fun ?

I think I would have a lot less issue with it in general if queer idols ( scratch that, any queer people ) were accepted in the entertainment industry and not completely shut down. That definitely upsets me more than fanservice :/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!