any debuts in kpop that were bigger than blackpink's debut?

• I agree with your statements, but I also think context matters. LOA isn’t considered a bigger debut than Whistle because it was a sleeper hit and then its run was increased by Cheer Up’s success. Twice absolutely had a bigger debut year than BP. LOA had more success in the long run, but ultimately it wasn’t a bigger debut if that makes sense. Other than that, I agree that 2ne1 and Miss A had a bigger debut and debut year. Dalla Dalla is the recent close but it was released at the top and Whistle at the 3/4 mark of the year. Plus, it being Itzy’s only smash hit put it in a better light. Almost Miss A like, they went on to other smash hits tho. 2ne1, TWICE, and BP went on to create other smash hits so their debuts are swayed in some way.

yeah I agree context matters too. in terms of hype and anticipation in Korea and internationally blackpink seemed to have a bigger impact ( at least I see it in that sense I was there when it happened lol) but if we talk about "debut year" then miss a and twice might have an edge over bp but in all 2ne1, bp, twice and miss a had very succesful debuts and we might add itzy in the mix

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!