Kpop groups music videos with low 24 hours debuts but high overall views (spoiler: only 2015-2018 MVs made it in the list)

• I will consider under 12M views in 24 hours as a low debut consider the standard now and over 400 for high overall views.

Artist

Music video

24 hours views

Total views

BLACKPINK

As if it’s your last

11M

1.018B

BLACKPINK

Boombayah

3.33M

1.19B

BTS

DOPE

<6.34M

644M

BTS

Fire

5.2M

694M

BLACKPINK

Whistle

661M

BLACKPINK

Playing with Fire

4.3M

652M

BTS

Blood,Sweat and Tears

6.34M

742M

BTS

Save Me

1.6M

587M

TWICE

TT

6M

584M

BIG BANG

BANG BANG BANG

3.23M

533M

TWICE

Likey

10.7M

518M

MOMOLAND

Boom Boom

<1M

509M

IKON

Love Scenario

2M

501M

BIG BANG

Fantastic baby

1M

482M

TWICE

Cheer Up

1.3M

443M

EXO

Love Shot

10.6M

414M

TWICE

Like OOH-AHH

1.06M

408M

There might be few errors in the debuts because the sources for the 24 hours are different but it’s minimum so it doesn’t matter at this point, I just proved what I have been saying.

Conclusion:

All the music videos in the list are in the top 40 of most viewed MVs for korean acts despite their low 24 hours views meanwhile many MVs specially around 2019-2021 that have got higher debuts numbers than those MVs are nowhere near close to reach those milestones.

Only MVs from 2015-2018 made it in the list which it must be quite surprising for others but honestly for me is not considering fandoms currently only care about debut records and afterwards they don’t stream and MVs are not that attractive anymore for people to stream that much.

Plus there are so many streaming platforms nowadays and groups release many stage performances of the same song.

End: High debut =/= overall success

• They were consider super high debuts back then that’s a fact but I made the list thinking of how is consider now just to have a perspective of the new standards.

• these songs were longer ofc the acts will become popular as time passes so the views will increase by lightning speed, maybe u need to show the total views in first year as well, 2019 - 2021 songs will ofc have much lower views since it is not that long since they are released

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!