Rice eaters! Do you fluff your rice?

• i never really grew up fluffling my rice. my mom never did it (she always used jasmine rice). so i won't bother if it's jasmine. i'm fine with it being kinda clumpy.

if it's sushi rice, i'll do it properly and separate everything.

I haven't been confident enough with Persian rice to make it properly, but I would fluff it if I ever attempt it.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• I learned this from my born and raised in Korea mother. We use a rice cooker. When the cooking is done, we open up the lid and use a rice paddle or fork to gently mix up the rice and then close the lid and let it rest for several minutes before serving. This basically makes the rice fluffier and less clumpy and you also dont have the crust on the bottom.

your mom is korean :pepe-hype: do you speak korean? :)

• I learned this from my born and raised in Korea mother. We use a rice cooker. When the cooking is done, we open up the lid and use a rice paddle or fork to gently mix up the rice and then close the lid and let it rest for several minutes before serving. This basically makes the rice fluffier and less clumpy and you also dont have the crust on the bottom.

Ah I see,I guess I sometimes do it casually but I never knew this was a term haha

I do like my rice sticky though,it almost feels creamy and I do really like it that way.Also I don't have a rice cooker,I boil it in a pot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!