Multiple personalities have rights too

• Social media has always been at the forefront of progressive social change. In TikTok there's been a lot of discussion on Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) which is basically having multiple personalities/entities sharing one individual body. In the past, patriarchal societies would often refer to them as "inner demons" but now we know better. People with DID are coming out and refusing to be labeled as having a clinical "order" but rather, their personalities are indeed people just like anyone else. These personalities or entities may be different from the apparent host body, may have different ages, preferences and other traits, hence "different personalities". And sometimes they may be non-human. Bottom line is they shouldn't be looked down on as a condition, but as part of society.

External Content www.tiktok.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Inside TikTok's booming dissociative identity disorder community
    Influencers who say they have DID, once known as multiple personality disorder, are a vocal — and controversial — presence on the app.
    www.inputmag.com

• People with DID are coming out and refusing to be labeled as having a clinical "order" but rather, their personalities are indeed people just like anyone else.

Bottom line is they shouldn't be looked down on as a condition, but as part of society.

i do agree that from an ethics and moral point of view it would be great

but from a legal point of view recognize rights to "personalities" would be a mess

qualifying "different personalities" as person who deserve rights a lot of problematic will result of this

because if they are consider as a person it means that they will deserve the same rights by personalities than any other person

so it'll crate question like

is it legal to put someone in jail if it's a different personality who did the act, because if you consider that they are different people, it means that you'll put in jail an innocent person (the innocent personalities)

or does it mean that different personalities we'll have to get different identity paper if they are different persons ?

i saw a lot of video on youtube recently about it, and i can understand how a lot of them consider their different personalities, as complete different person but it's just way too complex to consider them as part of society or distinct "person"

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Corporations are people too and they have certain rights. And a corporation can be thousands of people. It's not THAT complicated legally

• Imagine if there was a Kpop group with a visual, maknae, vocalist, 4-D personality, dancer, and leader but it was just one person. I would stan them. :pepe-notes:

• shut the fuck up. i don't care whether your point is right or wrong and i didn't read the main post because your takes usually fucking suck.

i know for a fact you didn't study this shit and you don't actually care. get your degree and then come back.

of fucking course they deserve rights, but literally shut the fuck up about a community of people you don't know about and don't care about because everything you do on here is performative, you have no backbone.

and no i don't feel bad for saying any this because you blocked me, you Machiavellian fuck.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!