MBC My Teenage Girl Ep. 5 & 6 review

• The 5th and 6th episodes of the show cover the battles between the 2nd graders vs the 3rd graders, and the 1st graders vs the 4th graders. Basically it's the losers of the previous round pitted against each other, and the winners against each other. But this time, each song is performed by half of the competing teams, and the invidivual rankings of all contestants decide which team is the winner.

------------------------------

3nd graders vs 2nd graders

The 2nd graders won this one and Park Hyolim got eliminated. She was the girl who suffered the announcement of her elimination twice in episode 2 (she then got added back to the line-up). The biggest downfall in this team was Choi Yoonjung, who was selected as the ace during the previous round but who this time received one of the lowest scores. She's still one of my favorite contestants but she's definitely too confident; she seems oblivious to her flaws and tries to reach notes too high for her and ends up sounding bad.

The 2nd graders were great and several of them show great potential. Kim Riwon was a surprise to me, and added to the likes of Won Jimin and Minami, they make for a very solid team. I like Choi Sarang too.

Then, 4th graders vs 1st graders

This match was rather akward. The gap between the oldest contestants of the show and the youngest really showed how young the 1st graders are and made for some awkward moments. I don't see how they could join the final group along with members maybe 10 years older. Yet they won this round (by a handful of points) and secure a spot in the final group. We don't know yet which 1st grader will get this spot but it might be awkward.

Among the 1st graders, Park Boeun received the highest score, and the 2nd highest score went to Yoon Seungju who really impressed with her vocals which no one really expected.

Soyeon's 4th graders lost Kim Dasom (who was already ranked last during the previous round). The highlight was Kim Inhye, followed by solid performances by Lee Mihee (of Botopass), Myung Hyungseo (ex- Busters) and my top favorite Yoon Chaewon.

So, to this point two spots of the final group have already been secured: one for the 3rd graders, and one for the 1st graders. Next episode will be a 2v2 battle, and the two winning teams will secure two spots each, which will only leave one spot to be determined. The ending of the show might be close. Hopefully the 1st graders won't win this, otherwise the final line-up might look like elementary school. And I also hope the 4th graders win this because I want Chaewon to have a shot.

Doyouram recap:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It’s obvious the stan attractors and visuals will win

I don't know about that. Take Kim Yooyeon for example, the ultimate visual of the show: she ranked last in the live audience vote for her grade. And other contestants have been punished score-wise because of poor vocal performances. Also, the 1st graders secured a spot in the final line-up already, yet these girls are 10-12 years old; so barely what we could consider stan attractors.

A more sensible take would be that those who have the best mix of talent and visual will win. And there already are many contestants who fit the description.

• I don't know about that. Take Kim Yooyeon for example, the ultimate visual of the show: she ranked last in the live audience vote for her grade. And other contestants have been punished score-wise because of poor vocal performances. Also, the 1st graders secured a spot in the final line-up already, yet these girls are 10-12 years old; so barely what we could consider stan attractors.

A more sensible take would be that those who have the best mix of talent and visual will win. And there already are many contestants who fit the description.

It seems the girl that is said to resemble Jennie has a decent following, also a few other in 1st 'grade'

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!