Dun Dun Dance lyrics humanize idols

• Do you feel like you want more messages about humanizing idols in K-Pop? Look no further than Dun Dun Dance, as its lyrics are about how idols are seen as aliens, but are still human as everyone is a little strange too. I like the notion that the understanding of idols as people most likely increased with this song.

Side note: it also seems like WM noticed the branding of OMG as an "idol group for the idols" and appealed to that with this song

OH MY GIRL - Dun Dun Dance Lyrics » Color Coded Lyrics | Lyrics at CCL
    OH MY GIRL - Dun Dun Dance Lyrics OH MY GIRL (오마이걸) Romanization, Korean, Translation. Color coded Lyrics
    colorcodedlyrics.com

• What I get from the lyrics of this song is that idols recognize that their lives are totally different from the regular people's life and their only connection is the fact that idols, by doing their work - all colorful, happy, dancey -, help these same regular people to deal with hardships and forget about their hectic and sometimes boring lives. Idol culture is mostly about escapism.

I want to dance with you under such sky

Colorful clothes pretty accessories

Don’t think of anything else

Rise to the stage filled with footsteps

Liberated movements, that lovable feeling

Escape from all those boring days and lives tonight

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!