19 year old former Wanna One member Edward Lai (Kuanlin) wins multiple awards including Best Director for “Winter & Spring Are Fighting” at June Rome Prisma Independent Film Awards

• Ooooh, right. It was Kyulkyung that had a dispute with Pledis

Yeah, Kuanlin had a dispute with Cube and won.

Kyulkyung was from Pledis and had a dispute with them.

When he was a minor, Cube transferred his management rights to a third party Chinese company without his or his family's knowledge or consent. He filed a lawsuit against them wanting to nullify his contract with Cube and initially lost (but what I've noticed is that a lot of Chinese stars will lose in Korean courts no matter how right they are, in his case he had every right). His appeal was denied at first and the court ordered Cube and his side to come to an agreement through mediation, but since both parties failed to agree on the terms, the jury and court finally ruled in his favor that the contract should be nullified. Even though he got the standard 'Chinese traitor' deal from a lot of xenophobic knetizens, a lot of them defended him because he actually wasn't in the wrong nor was he jumping ship over nothing, not to mention that he was an overworked minor when this all took place (and Cube was basically sabotaging him with work).

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• I'm so surprised he is a director of all things?? Wow, what an achievement for such a young person. as a former wannable, i didn't really know what he had been doing after the whole cube issue, i seriously didn't expect him to become a director, and much less win awards for his movies. specially since he's like, what... 20?

these are very good knews though and im extremely proud of how far he's come since the broduce days. he always kept on growing and getting better and better at everything, so if i was expecting a w1 member to shock me like this, it was def him

Like the thread title says, he's still 19, so pretty young which makes this all the more impressive.

mKl7Ghm.png

• He's a director?? I would never have guessed that's the lane he would go into (or any idol tbh). Him winning these awards at such a young age is really impressive. Good for him.

Not a lot of people can call themselves directors at the age of 19. I'm also impressed by the theme he chose and the way he casted and interacted with the kids.

mKl7Ghm.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!