What are your favorite lyrics From D2/SUGA?

• Non-fans are quick to paint Yoongis work as only flexing and cringe but he writes the most emotional and relatable verses for me :sadr:

My top two songs are 28 and People as they have some of my favorite lyrics from the whole mixtape.

Flow along the way the water flows

Maybe there’s something at the end

A special life, an ordinary life, each of them on their own

It’s all good

Do what you want to do. What you choose will be good for you.

When it’s not there, you wish it is, when it’s there, you wish it’s not

Who said that humans are the animals of wisdom

To my eyes, it’s obvious that they are the animals of regret

Perhaps, I’m gradually becoming an adult

I can’t remember

What are the things that I hoped for

Now I’m scared

Where did the fragments of my dream go

I thought I’d change when I turned twenty

I thought I’d change when I graduated

Shit, like that, that, when I become thirty,

yeah, so what changed with me

This one really hit me hard. Becoming an adult feels like there's so much responsibility that gets added on to you that we start forgetting what made us, Us. All our time is spent navigating through adulthood and we forget to enjoy and live in the moment :nob:

What are some of your favorite yoongi lyrics?

• dopiee

Changed the title of the thread from “What are your favorite lyrics From D2?” to “What are your favorite lyrics From D2/SUGA?”.
  • If we talk solely about D2 then I prefer Dear my friend lyrics in particular the part in which he said that his friend was transformed into a monster by drugs. It hits so hard. The end of the song is tragic.

And after a long time not seeing, you became a completely different person

With drowsy eyes, you asked, "Don't you want to try *?"

I got angry and cursed at you

There's no way the you who were my only friend can return, and you became a monster

The you I used to know is gone and the me you used to know is gone

• This whole song is so personal and raw. It must've taken a lot of courage to share something like this :waterr:

• My favorite song in D2 is Dear My Friend, even though I know its a very intimate song for him but this song has really resonated with me, my fave lines would probably be

Was it you who changed? Or was it me? Uh
    I hate this flowing time, it's us who changed
    Hey, I hate you, hey, I don't like you
    Hey, even as I say these words, I miss you

this whole song I relate to a lot. Friendship and even romantic relationship changes over time and I think he captured that sentiment well.

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

38bb8dc71205c520373397212dfdb9c72e11cbcb.gif

• I love that in their songs they end up giving hope and comfort even if they start with talking about despair.

• My favorite song in D2 is Dear My Friend, even though I know its a very intimate song for him but this song has really resonated with me, my fave lines would probably be

Was it you who changed? Or was it me? Uh
    I hate this flowing time, it's us who changed
    Hey, I hate you, hey, I don't like you
    Hey, even as I say these words, I miss you

this whole song I relate to a lot. Friendship and even romantic relationship changes over time and I think he captured that sentiment well.

The simplicity with which he captures these emotions :lover1:

• This song is just... every line hits you in the feels a lot

His mixtape came out when I was in one tough spot and it really comforted me that I wasn't the only one who had this kind of feelings or problems. I was really thankful for that mixtape (and a lot of BTS songs as well as their solo releases and their mixtapes) it inspires me to improve my life each day and comforts me whenever I'm down.

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

38bb8dc71205c520373397212dfdb9c72e11cbcb.gif

• Alright I got the cheesecake 🎶🎵

But really I like Dear my friend and People. The latter the lyrics are simple and at the same time not and sort of melancholic and thoughtful

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!