SOMIS SEVERE DIET

• Seriously why she need to diet? She looks old and so thin shouldve just eat healthy and exercise koreans needs to stop doing diet thing it’s not healthy just eat right

• For real, look at wonyoung

I try not to fixate on idols' bodies, but whenever I see Wonyoung on screen I'm distracted by how thin she is, it makes me wince. Is it possible for a 17 year old to naturally be that thin, or do you think she's on an extreme diet as well? When I first saw her she was so young, I thought it's possible she's still going through puberty and just waiting to fill out after a growth spurt in height, but she's been this thin for years now..

• Finally someone said something that I have been saying for a long time. Especially after meeting a lot of kpop artists, it’s incredible how fans can just ignore the underlying problems of this industry but yeah it’s easier to frame someone as a body shaming person when the red flags are tremendously obvious in K-Pop.

Yeah, especially since celebrities in Korea have talked about this before. Diets where they only drink pumpkin juice instead of food, or only eat 1 potato per day, or don't eat any meals at all for several days before a video shoot. It's happening whether fans want to admit it to themselves or not. I remember some actress talking about eating so little that she began to go bald. Former female idols have talked about losing their menstrual cycles because of diets.

This isn't framed as an eating disorder most of the time, it's framed as normal that they'd want to be skinny so badly that they'd go on a severe diet. It's really sad and abusive. And kpop stans hiding their heads in the sand and screaming about body shaming whenever you bring up a concern doesn't help.

I hope this industry can change and begin to prioritize the health of their artists over unrealistic beauty standards because no one, especially young teenagers, should have to suffer like that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!