SOMIS SEVERE DIET

• i cant believe people actually believed her when she said she was losing it in a healthy manner...

Jun Somi tears up while talking about balancing her health and fan concerns

Wednesday, August 11, 2021 jun somi

202108100658491154_1_20210810072208785.jpg

202108100658491154_2_20210810072208800.jpg

Article: Why Jun Somi started sobbing on live broadcast

Source: Insight via Instagram

After revealing that she had gotten an IV drip before the show, Jun Somi said through tears, "I did my diet the healthy way. I told my fans that I'm strong and to not worry about me but I actually got an IV drip so I feel like I can't even tell them that I'm feeling sick."

1. [+195] Somi... this grandma is worried for you. I saw you in your crop top and could see too many of your rib bones.. ㅠㅠㅠ After your promos are over, I hope you get to eat delicious things and rest comfortably ㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+150] At her weight, she must be out of breath without doing anything... ㅜㅜ

3. [+129] I personally think she looks pretty with the weight loss... but I prefer Somi's healthy look from before. Let's take care of your health, Somi-ya. You don't need to diet.

4. [+41] I understand her struggles, she's amazing for going through it. I lost 15 kg in 6 months and still feel dizzy sometimes...

5. [+34] Sigh, she's too thin... She needs some weight on her. Please don't lose too much. A healthy body is a pretty body.

6. [+12] Just do your promos as healthily as you can 👏👏👏 I believe in you

7. 46 at 172? She should be over 50... and still be skinny.. ㅠㅠ celebrities are under too much diet stress

8. She's always been skinny ㅠㅠㅠ... Please put your health first. Your healthy skinny was pretty enough.

9. How does one even survive weighing 46 at 172 without malnutrition?

source: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.co…-while-talking-about.html

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I personally think that people like this need to stfu and keep their ED inducing thoughts to themselves

that comment is so weird lol.. theyre saying she looks best skinny then telling her that her healthy weight before is better?? they clearly know what theyre trying to imply

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Of course her weight loss is concerning, but I wonder why kpop fans like to plug their ears and pretend that dangerous crash diets and disordered eating don’t exist and don’t happen to their fave (not all kpop fans but some).

Dangerous dieting is pushed on idols in Korea, at the risk of their health, both physical and mental. This is a fact. It’s extremely naive to pretend that we know what goes on behind closed doors.

It’s also disingenuous to pretend that just because an idol said they lost weight “in a healthy way”, that means it’s true. I wish Somi the best and that she treats herself better in the future, because no healthy young woman should need an IV just to function.

• IV drips....ahh poor Somi

I'm not a once but didn't twice do a video when they talked about their diets? I remember one member being angry about it. I am very sure it was Jeongyeon. Like I remember them saying Sana (???) even fainted at a sauna and it was a big wake up call for me. Even Twice, which is probably one of the biggest "visual" groups had a ton of pressure to diet. This was predebut too.

I saw a video taken by a fan of MAMAMOO in their college events, and it was shocking how much the camera can "add" pounds and from another angle I could see, all of them were super skinny. This was a bit before they got criticism for their weight and looks (???)

It's not good for your heart and body to diet super fast too.

The even worse thing, is that everyone I can think of got even more popular when they got skinner. I can't fault her but I feel worried too. See all the articles written about her as well

• That’s not even the most extreme part. Momo was told to lose 7 kg in a week and she ate nothing but ice cubes as a result. She was afraid she would die in her sleep.

That’s what I mean when I say that dangerous dieting is an industry standard for Kpop. Trainees are forced to have periodic weigh-ins and they can be cut from the group if they weigh above a certain amount.

Even if no one is forcing them to, idols aspire to be extremely thin and will do crash diets to get there. Not even Jungkook, who has as much power and clout as any idol could ask for, starved himself for nearly a week before shooting a video.

To be honest, when Somi says she lost the weight in a healthy way, I don’t believe it for a second. It’s a very toxic environment idols work in. I don’t envy them at all.

• Not only are kpop idols putting themselves at risk they’re also influencing lot of people who look up to them.

It’s easy to say don’t talk about idols weights. Which is fair. But when the type of things they share for example fad diets and weight loss that leads to literally needing hospitalization that becomes a much more severe problem. It is both triggering and extremely harmful.

People get cancelled for a lot of things but the one I wish I could cancel idols for is talking about such things which can be triggering. It’s so prevalent however we won’t know where to start canceling

• I always found it mega toxic and rude how every time they go on a show for a CB they always get asked how did they diet this time around. As if to have a CB you have to go on a diet and have some dramatic weight loss.

I recall poor Hyelin (EXID) loosing weight slowly and healthily over the years but feeling so sad because no-one noticed because it wasn't an immediate change.

I saw a video taken by a fan of MAMAMOO in their college events, and it was shocking how much the camera can "add" pounds and from another angle I could see, all of them were super skinny. This was a bit before they got criticism for their weight and looks (???)

I mean that could have been from any time in their careers tbh, they've always gotten flack for it. It may have been at the end of Decalcomanie era, right before they released Yes I am, I know Wheein and Hwasa especially got fat shamed around that time after the concert they had.

But you really reminded me of this Tyra Banks video.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• look if you asked me then I would say I prefer pre-diet Somi personally I found her to be looking better before...

and thus she did not need to diet for this CB....

hopefully she'll see that for herself and won't need to go through a dieting process next CB....

• Wow Tyra is saying facts. Saved this. I don't know her very well, but I have a lot of admiration for that amount of bravery and guts it took.

Hyelin! MY EXID bias!!!!IDK what happened but she never really got a ton of attention, even when she had one of kpop's best vocal improvements ever, from being a subvocalist to an amazing main vocalist and a good cover for when Solji went on hiatus so she could get better.

I think it was around Decalcomanie or maybe New York? Hm but yeah it's sad that you can say "any time of their careers" because I do know that even when they were rookies, there was hate.

• That’s not even the most extreme part. Momo was told to lose 7 kg in a week and she ate nothing but ice cubes as a result. She was afraid she would die in her sleep.

I remember she said she ate ice cream before Sixteen, because she felt she was about to die because of excesive dieting. Still fans keep prasing idols to be that skinny and call them "naturally skinny".

• Of course her weight loss is concerning, but I wonder why kpop fans like to plug their ears and pretend that dangerous crash diets and disordered eating don’t exist and don’t happen to their fave (not all kpop fans but some).

Dangerous dieting is pushed on idols in Korea, at the risk of their health, both physical and mental. This is a fact. It’s extremely naive to pretend that we know what goes on behind closed doors.

It’s also disingenuous to pretend that just because an idol said they lost weight “in a healthy way”, that means it’s true. I wish Somi the best and that she treats herself better in the future, because no healthy young woman should need an IV just to function.

Finally someone said something that I have been saying for a long time. Especially after meeting a lot of kpop artists, it’s incredible how fans can just ignore the underlying problems of this industry but yeah it’s easier to frame someone as a body shaming person when the red flags are tremendously obvious in K-Pop.

• Mmm, the pression of Koreans fans is that much so they have to lose so much weight? I also noticed Ryujin lose alot of weight this year. In my opinion both look kinda sick, how Koreans didnt notice this?

Korean fans are philistine when it comes to this topic.

Edited once, last by ultraaviolet ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!