Absolute Video Game Beginner - Selections for Nintendo Switch

• The limitations that I bring to video gaming include the fact that I've never played video games, so any games that need real skill with the controllers will take me forever to learn. Secondly, I'm intrigued by some of the "mystery" type of game, where you must find clues in order to proceed, but, not having any history of success, when I have tried such games on the iPad, for example, I hit dead ends - I have no idea what to do when I hit a wall. For example, I might successfully get through one kind of challenge to get to the next screen, or I may be stopped dead in my tracks - where I cannot find the next clue or next step, and I am just stuck. I am trying to learn the controls (it is slow going), so that I can continue to progress, but anything that requires real skill (being able to make jump movements, for example) are still beyond me.

It may sound crazy that I'm even trying to play video games, but I am pretty sure that if I can get past these obstacles, I'd really enjoy video games, since it's easy for me to spend an hour with simple games like 2 for 2, Word Cookies, et cetera - and these are games with very limited entertainment value compared to real video games.

Can anyone give me some advice about how to proceed? Thanks in advance.

• As mentioned above:

Animal Crossing. I'm not familiar with this series but it offers a rather chill experience if I'm not mistaken.

Pokémon main series. It doesn't require any execution skills. But you have to learn pokemon types, their weaknesses, etc in order to fight your opponents in a competent way.

And I would also add:

Sid Meier's Civilization VI. It's strategy game that doesn't require any execution skills either. The game is played on a turn basis and you can take as long as you want to play your turn. There's a lot to learn though, as in any strategy game, but for this reason it offers a lot of replayability. Beware: each gamen takes hours to complete, so it can be very time consuming and you may fall victim to the "one more turn" syndrome.

• Please don't be a spammer. The username and the way your words are phrased screams future spammer. Quite SEO friendly lol

If you don't turn out to be one, I apologize in advance.

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town, Doraemon: Story of Seasons, Stardew Valley - Slow-paced farming management sims that doesn't require a lot of dexterity.

Untitled Goose Game, Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, Donut County, Gris, Abzu, Golf Story, Rime, The Gardens Between, Yoku's Island Express, Gorogoa, A Short Hike, Katamari Damacy - Just chill games

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!