Kakao Entertainment acquires STAYC's company High Up Entertainment

• kakao has a bunch of production firms under its umbrella.

this acquisition fits in well with its strategy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

the artists will probably benefit from kakao's broad infrastructure and deep pockets.

good backgrounds for kakao's strategy below.

i wouldn't be surprised if other international platforms borrow this approach.

again, bidding wars benefit artists.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i know Kakao is iffy (they're a big conglomerate after all), but I hope being acquired by a bigger company helps STAYC get better, the added financial resources are an obvious benefit, but i hope the stayc girls don't get lost in a sea of other artists

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• Monopoly

For sure, Kakao and CJENM and Naver all make Hybe look like your local laundromat in terms of gross revenue lol.

This is inevitable though, just like how the US market has consolidated around only three music label giants, the same will happen to Kpop. I dont think the Big 4 will remain the Big 4 a decade from now, there will be a lot of consolidation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!