Twice Strawberry Moon from Kura Kura album

• JYP wants to secure his Japan domination for a long time. I don't really see the point of complaining since you are not Korean, I think? This just lead us to believe the KR comeback will be good or else they wouldn't release so much work for Japan only

The point of my post went over your head. Being Korean has nothing to do with it.

• Kinda does. if you are speak Korean or Japanese then I get your point, if not... Good music is still good music anywhere.

In the simplest terms as you're not getting it - Korean comebacks get listened to more in Japan than actual Japanese ones as it is seen as a bigger deal/a lot more content. Language does not come into it, even if you're Japanese.

The main purpose they serve is to sell physicals through fan events, which they can do with Korean releases if they wanted to.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Itzy haven't had a Japanese release so you're probably not aware but content for Japanese releases is near non-existent due to restrictions/poor promotion. So yes, good music is still good music but you barely get any content from the good music in Japan. Good songs therefore get "wasted" as a Japanese release as it essentially massively restricts a songs impact for physical sales. If you're not going to use the singles to appeal to the specific market you're restricting impact to it just becomes a bit obsolete for me. When Twice were selling 350k+ every single fair enough, but that's not the case anymore.

• I see your point. But as I said on the first post, the goal is to keep that fanbase secure. I'm sure they don't like Japanese versions of songs as much as we don't like English versions because THAT doesn't add anything (or much).

• I see your point. But as I said on the first post, the goal is to keep that fanbase secure. I'm sure they don't like Japanese versions of songs as much as we don't like English versions because THAT doesn't add anything (or much).

I think you've missed the point. Twice releases in Japan are now selling on average a 100-120k, just over a year ago the average was 350k which is a massive drop in such a short time. It's not doing anything to secure the fandom which has fallen away as it doesn't stop JYPE's promotion of Twice in Japan going down the toilet. That's what you're missing. At this point Japanese releases serve little to no purpose.

• Ok, I liked it better than I thought it would. I do also get the "Hell in Heaven"/Korean release vibes referenced above.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think you've missed the point. Twice releases in Japan are now selling on average a 100-120k, just over a year ago the average was 350k which is a massive drop in such a short time. It's not doing anything to secure the fandom which has fallen away as it doesn't stop JYPE's promotion of Twice in Japan going down the toilet. That's what you're missing. At this point Japanese releases serve little to no purpose.

sorry to just jump in but the Japanese releases do serve a point I think. They're keeping the fanbase that they do have there happy. Even if the albums are decreasing, it's better than not selling anything. And I'm sure the albums are still selling enough to make a profit. Also covid-19 is still a thing in the world. I'm sure once social restrictions start lifting, Twice will get right back to selling out tours and hi-touches (?). It's basically better to release songs at this point than it is to not. At least have some kind of income coming in and also maintain the fan base that they do have. And then start to kill it again when they can and probably get those fans back. It's not like they're releasing bad songs.

• sorry to just jump in but the Japanese releases do serve a point I think. They're keeping the fanbase that they do have there happy. Even if the albums are decreasing, it's better than not selling anything. And I'm sure the albums are still selling enough to make a profit. Also covid-19 is still a thing in the world. I'm sure once social restrictions start lifting, Twice will get right back to selling out tours and hi-touches (?). It's basically better to release songs at this point than it is to not. At least have some kind of income coming in and also maintain the fan base that they do have. And then start to kill it again when they can and probably get those fans back. It's not like they're releasing bad songs.

At the risk of regurgitating myself - Japanese singles are nearing/at the number Twice's Korean releases now sell in Japan.

So Twice could have released a pre-release physical single for the Korean mini (with hi-touch stuff) and it would sell near the same amount of physicals in Japan, maybe more. The difference is you'd get a lot more content to promote the song and the impact of the song would not be restricted to Japan (you'd get a lot more international sales/attention).

You guys keeps saying maintain the fanbase but don't realise that the remaining fanbase don't care if Twice sing in Korean or Japanese. Twice have lost a good 250k sales per release in just over a year despite loads of Japanese releases. Twice's songs in Korean are consistently more successful than Japanese ones in Japan.

It's not about Japanese songs being bad, there is just no logic to them for me anymore, especially at the frequency Twice release them.

Why release Korean sounding songs in Japanese which purposefully limits the reach/content, when that song in Korean would probably perform better/sell the same in Japan, plus have the benefit of international attention/fans?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!