Having less members is more beneficial than having more members

• you heard my opinion, do i need to explain?

it speaks for itself

having less members is not always beneficial because i dont think the amount of members rlly matter i mean look at snsd and twice as well as izone, all successful, number of members dont really matter, well atleast not to me.

it is mostly the case that your op is true, i myself prefer groups with less members andd that why i dont look to stan nct or svt ect.

i dont really care tho, if a group is good ill stan.

my proposition wasn't so much considering the success of a group based on the number of members (that might be a topic for a different day) but the per member profit which is better for groups with less members

lets take izone for example as they are GG with the most members they would need to sell triple that of BP for each member to receive the same $$$ (again ceteris paribus)

i might actually breakdown the per member album sales for 2020 later for the top groups to do comparison

• my proposition wasn't so much considering the success of a group based on the number of members (that might be a topic for a different day) but the per member profit which is better for groups with less members

lets take izone for example as they are GG with the most members they would need to sell triple that of BP for each member to receive the same $$$ (again ceteris paribus)

i might actually breakdown the per member album sales for 2020 later for the top groups to do comparison

so your dedicated dedicated? couldnt be me :waterr:

and no need to use izone as an example, we know bp are clearly more successful

• If they don’t have songwriting or production credits, most artists/musicians make the bulk of their money off tours, endorsements and merch, where they typically have a larger percentage, not album sales.

But within this specific discussion, there’s a potential chicken and egg component here - are people purchasing more albums because there are more members (i.e. there’s a member that suits every taste.)? So, by adding members, are they potentially increasing their profits, particularly in those more profitable areas of tours and merch, compared to a soloist? So the album is serving as the “loss leader” to get people interested in the real moneymaker. Since 2008, the top selling album in Korea has been a group, not a soloist.

thats why i stated ceteris paribus first to try keep all the other factors equal but you are correct that cfs, touring, merch give better returns to the idols but my point is still the same $1m touring for SVT is not the same per member return as $1m for BTS

but once you accept the starting premised we can then consider additonal factors which you discussed in your second paragraph and i only used a soloist as an example not stating that they esrn the most money that would be BTS using any metric. To further your argument then is at what point does adding 1 more member bring in less of a return than wihout that member. Say for like NCT does the adding of the two newer members mean more money for the group or not since effectively they now have two more mouths to feed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!