Rating Kpop Debuts: Weeekly Tag Me

• I had to redo this whole thing because of my stupid wifi.

Ok lets do this, here are the three main categories. The song, the music video and the dance.

Category #1: Song

I think the song is catchy and it is a song that has a cute concept that I like. I usually don't like cute concept songs but I like this one. The lyrics were pretty clear as what they want to say and they were pretty good. Though I did not really like the extensive use of oooh and blah.

Rating: 9/10 (1 point off for oooh and blah)

Category #2: Music Video

Overrall I liked the music video and it suited the song very well. I liked the use of desks to hint a school love story. The outfits were pretty good but I did not like the pink, orange, yellow socks as they did not fit well with the corresponding outfits. Also the outfits that showed up around 0:55 seconds of the video and I feel like they could be better and that they were a little scattered. I liked the school uniform outfits though (excluding the socks) since one the fit concept and they looked good.

Rating: 8.5 (1 point for socks and half point for the outfits at 0:55)

Category #3: Dancing

The choreo was not really my style but it was good. The choreo was energetic and the use of desks was unique and genius. I really liked the desks and the girls performed really well and showcased dance very well. The performance was filled with energy and I liked.

Rating: 9.5/10(was going to take a whole point off because it was not my style but the desks stopped me)

Overall rating: 9/10 (I actually did the calculation of the overall rating right this time)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ArmyBlinkOnce0

Changed the title of the thread from “Rating To Kpop Debut: Weeekly Tag Me” to “Rating Kpop Debuts: Weeekly Tag Me”.
  • 8.25 for me it was solid debut but for my personal preference i dont like cute concept :pepe-sad:

My opinion is that Tag Me isn't a Cute concept but a High Energy Concept and Weeekly aren't a Cute Concept Group, rather a High/Fresh Energy group.

Weeekly aren't that much different from STAYC and in fact both groups target the same demographics and niche.

For me Cute = Role playing Weakness or Helplessness, in a manner designed to bring out the protective instincts in the audience.

Weeekly's concepts have never been Weak or designed to arouse protectiveness in the male audience gaze. It's just a happy coincidence that Weeekly look very girlish, youthful, fresh and appealing and people mistake that for "Cuteness".

Weeekly may look Cute but they are not Weak.

Their dances are very energetic and actually require quite a lot of power for a girl group dance :

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

Edited once, last by natnut ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!