Rating Kpop Debut Songs: Aespa Black Mamba

• Disclaimer: I am not an expert!! I will simply be viewing this in my point of view

So I am going to try to be as unbiased as I can since I stan Aespa so wish me luck.

So here are the three main categories I am going to be rating it for: The song itself, the music video, the dance.

Category #1: The Song

I enjoyed the song very much and it was a bop for me. I was also pretty catchy for me too, and especially loved NingNing's high note. As for the lyrics, " wander this Kwangya" was questionable but the rest of lyrics were good but I did it was little hard to know exactly the message sent. I think the message was related to their connection with their AI selves. The only thing I did not like about it is that I did not really hear a significant rap.

So my rating for the song category is: 8.5/10 (one point off for the rap, half point off for lyrics)

Category #2: The Music Video

SM did a wonderful job with the settings of the music video. The Black Mamba representations was done well too. I like how they changed the subway scenery to a neon/black theme after the second chorus. Now the costumes, the pink mask backup "dancers" . I did not really like the pink masks. Then Winter's yellow outfit, I felt like it could have been better. Then there are the outfits that show up around 6 and 12 seconds of the music video. ( that scene where Karina wears a purple dress, NingNing a velvet pink dress, Winter rainbow shorts and pink top, Giselle rainbow top and purple pants )I did not really like them either same for the backup dancers. Then the lack of appearance of the avatars.

So my rating for the music video is 7.5/10 (half point off for Winter outfit, half point off for the other outfits and 1 for pink mask, half off for lack of appearance)

Category #3: The Dance

The choreo looked really great and the girls killed it! They were synchronized and it fit together perfectly. The moves were not unnecessarily repeated. I honestly could not find anything bad about it.

10/10 (like I said I really liked I couldn't find anything to wrong)

So I just realized I don't know how to add up all the points (if you know how help me). So I am going to take a guess using my own grading system

Overall rating: 8.5/10

Edit: So I just recalculated my rating and realized I got 8.666666667. So if you round it up it would be 8.7/10

• Honestly, I rate it a 9 out of 10! It’s a really catchy song, and I always find myself sing the “m-m-m-mamba” part randomly lol-

Omg sameeeee. I still randomly just sing Ma ma ma mambaaaa or I try singing winter's bridge part :pepe-shades: hint ' I am the new member :pepe-cowboy:'

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• BM getting love after everyone hated her during debut era "it's what she deserves" - in my Kim k voice

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!