About kpop and LATAM

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this is sooo true super junior was big in latam along others 2nd gen groups, bts strongest fanbase outside asia was brazilian for a looong time, yet companies barely care

• That's true. I always feel as though the Latin American market gets ignored by the English-speaking Kpop fans even though it's such a big market. Glad to see more companies including Spanish and Portuguese subtitles in their videos nowadays. I remember the biggest Latin Kpop channel on Youtube that I knew of was ZanyTV, with plenty of second-tier groups making appearances on there to connect to their Latin fans. But they kinda stopped during CoVid.

Arirang News did a feature on Kpop's growth in Peru during 2016:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And this was a Kpop Random Dance play in Argentina in Feb 2020, just before CoVid hit:

External Content www.youtube.com

The fans are there. They're not perhaps as newsworthy as stuff happening in the U.S., but it's still a sizable market.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!