Korean Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism met with the Korea Creative Content Agency and used BTS as an example for sincere content that connects with fans!!!!

• Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Content Agency: “Please put sincerity in the content like BTS.”

Entered 2024.05.11. 3:53 PM
    Modified 2024.05.11. 3:54 PM
    Original text of article
    Reporter Lee Eun-jeong

Talking to employees at Naju affiliated organizations... “Established during the time of the first minister, we must take on challenges and adventures”

The Korea Arts Council also visited… “Discussions on coordinating overlapping projects between multiple organizations”

Minister Yoo In-chon holding a meeting with employees of the Korea Creative Content Agency (Seoul = Yonhap News) Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Creative Content Agency in Naju-si, Jeollanam-do on the 10th and has a meeting with employees. 2024.5.10 [Provided by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. trial

Minister Yoo In-chon holding a meeting with employees of the Korea Creative Content Agency

(Seoul = Yonhap News) Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Creative Content Agency in Naju-si, Jeollanam-do on the 10th and holds a meeting with employees. 2024.5.10 [Provided by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. Resale and DB prohibited] photo @ yna.co.kr

(Naju = Yonhap News) Reporter Lee Eun-jeong = "One of the reasons BTS communicates with many young people around the world is sincerity. The drama is fiction, but if you make them accept it as truth, it will succeed. 'Finding the truth in fiction', you guys are like that. We need to create support policies to get content out there.” The employee who raised her hand was Charlotte de Placieux, who works as a cultural cooperation expert at the Korea Creative Content Agency's Americas-Europe Export Support Team. As a member of an agency under the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, he has been working here for two years to promote cooperation in the content field between the two countries. Minister Yoo said, “In Korea, the government only played a role as a priming agent, but the creativity of on-site artists was important,” and added, “Recently in Paris, the audience was moved by the sight of Korean and French dance teams dancing together and gave them a standing ovation.” “Now that this is popular, what we need to do is to put sincerity and trust into a lot of content,” he emphasized.

On the 10th, Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Yoo In-chon responded to a question asked by a foreign employee at the Korea Creative Content Agency in Naju, Jeollanam-do, " K- content is popular in Europe. What kind of cooperation should the government provide to continue its success?"

Minister Yoo In-chon holding a meeting with employees of the Korea Creative Content Agency (Seoul = Yonhap News) Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Creative Content Agency in Naju-si, Jeollanam-do on the 10th and has a meeting with employees. 2024.5.10 [Provided by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. trial

Minister Yoo In-chon holding a meeting with employees of the Korea Creative Content Agency

(Seoul = Yonhap News) Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Creative Content Agency in Naju-si, Jeollanam-do on the 10th and holds a meeting with employees. 2024.5.10 [Provided by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. Resale and DB prohibited] photo @ yna.co.kr

On this day, Minister Yoo visited public institutions under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in Naju and had an hour and a half conversation with employees. After pointing out these developments, Minister Yoo said, "It is an important institution that is the beginning and end of the content industry. Its key role is to develop the capabilities of companies and creators so that quality content can be produced. Administrative planning is also a creative work, so it is a challenge and adventure." “Don’t stop,” he encouraged. Minister Yoo also said, "I hope that the Korea Creative Content Agency's Overseas Business Center will make its role clear by introducing culture, arts, sports, and tourism overseas," and added, "Content has greater invisible added value. For example, the drama 'Weird' “Through ‘Attorney Woo Young-woo,’ our philosophy and spirituality will be introduced, and gimbap will also become popular, so I hope the Promotion Agency will take a closer approach to fulfill that role,” he said.

Among these, I have a special relationship with the Korea Creative Content Agency. In 2009, during his first term as minister, he established the Content Promotion Agency by integrating five organizations and gave a congratulatory speech at the opening ceremony. Over the next 15 years, content exports surpassed those of home appliances and secondary batteries, and the Korea Creative Content Agency's budget and manpower grew about three times compared to when it was founded.

Minister Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Culture and Arts Committee in Naju (Seoul = Yonhap News) Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Culture and Arts Committee in Naju, Jeollanam-do on the 10th and takes a commemorative photo after a meeting with staff. 2024.5.10 [Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism

Minister Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Culture and Arts Committee in Naju

(Seoul = Yonhap News) Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Yoo In-chon is taking a commemorative photo after a meeting with staff at the Korea Arts Council in Naju, Jeollanam-do on the 10th. 2024.5.10 [Provided by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. Resale and DB prohibited] photo @ yna.co.kr

Minister Yoo previously met with Arts Council Chairman Jeong Byeong-guk and about 100 employees at the Korea Arts Council (hereinafter referred to as the Arts Council) and listened to the organization's direction and difficulties.

The Arts Council, which celebrated its 50th anniversary last year, supports basic arts fields such as music, art, theater, and literature, and operates the Arko Theater and art museums. This year, seven dedicated reviewers were selected from among the employees to introduce a dedicated review system for each field, and an attempt was made to transform the support system by strengthening follow-up support for excellent works (artists) to create a successful repertoire.

Minister Yoo said, “(The Arts Council) has come to a point where it needs to be transformed as it has been accumulated over a long period of time. There is no point in repeating what has been done for 50 years,” and added, “Regardless of government policy, our culture and arts have already risen to a world-class level. It is a time for change.” “You are riding on the back of a tiger, so you must do your part to prevent it from falling,” he ordered.

At this meeting, Arts Council staff asked questions about coordinating overlapping projects with other arts organizations, ways to connect with local foundations, and expressed various opinions, including the need to operate cultural facilities.

The head of the Arts Council union said, “I agree with the need to re-establish roles between institutions or between the center and the region,” but added, “There are concerns that (some) functional adjustments or segmental business reorganization may worsen the virtuous cycle of creation, distribution, and enjoyment. “There is anxiety among employees, so please provide sufficient discussion and review.”

Minister Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Culture and Arts Committee in Naju (Seoul = Yonhap News) Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Culture and Arts Committee in Naju, Jeollanam-do on the 10th and holds a meeting with staff. 2024.5.10 [Provided by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. resale and

Minister Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Culture and Arts Committee in Naju

(Seoul = Yonhap News) Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Yoo In-chon visits the Korea Culture and Arts Committee in Naju, Jeollanam-do on the 10th and holds a meeting with staff. 2024.5.10 [Provided by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. Resale and DB prohibited] photo@yna.co.kr

After hearing the voices of employees, Minister Yoo said, "We are trying to sort out overlapping projects between agencies not only in the fields of culture but also in sports and tourism," adding, "We need to coordinate between agencies to do things that fit their purposes, and we need to continue to consult between agencies in the future." He answered.

He also said, “The goal is to enable art groups and artists to carry out creative activities in a stable manner,” and added, “Such changes include multi-year repertoire support and theater specialization support. High-quality works should not end with one-time support, but become an important repertoire.” “It would be nice to have at least one representative product from overseas, such as literature, art, and theater,” he said.

Chairman Jeong Byeong-guk, who was present at the event, said, "The realistic problem is that the employees working on the front lines of cultural administration are the most alienated from culture, as an average of 30 to 40 employees have to travel to Seoul every day."

Minister Yoo asked employees of organizations that need to predict the future and create cultural and artistic trends to sympathize with the difficulties of working in the region while also working hard to promote local culture.

mimi@yna.co.kr

Eunjeong Lee (mimi@yna.co.kr)

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “Korean Minister of Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism met with the Korea Creative Content Agency and used BTS as an example for sincere content that connects with fans!!!!” to “Korean Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism met with the Korea Creative Content Agency and used BTS as an example for sincere content that connects with fans!!!!”.
  • Does doing this helps them politically? Asking it cause it's good amount of effort from people who generally don't do much.

Well, there is this Korean YouTuber (not the one that stepped out of line) that on the main news portal/sites people are not believing MHJ and feel sad about BTS dutifully serving their country still being met with vitriol. It is of no surprise the only ones people post on here are sites that kpop stans frequent like p@nn choa and the qoo.

• Well, there is this Korean YouTuber (not the one that stepped out of line) that on the main news portal/sites people are not believing MHJ and feel sad about BTS dutifully serving their country still being met with vitriol. It is of no surprise the only ones people post on here are sites that kpop stans frequent like p@nn choa and the qoo.

I think I could have worded it better, I was asking why ministry of culture is organising this BTS talk show, does it help the ministry currently ruling party politically? I think it seemed I was asking for BTS getting help politically, fear not I know these dirt bags won't help them politically and actually harmed them even when they said years back they will serve their due term (I read old news).

• I think I could have worded it better, I was asking why ministry of culture is organising this BTS talk show, does it help the ministry currently ruling party politically? I think it seemed I was asking for BTS getting help politically, fear not I know these dirt bags won't help them politically and actually harmed them even when they said years back they will serve their due term (I read old news).

BTS and the current administration are not on friendly terms. I don't know if they elect their officials the same way they do here but I would think whatever the Ministry of culture is saying has nothing to do with the current government. It is entirely possible that because they see firsthand BTS demand and how much tourism has been boosted by BTS that they will speak favorably about them.

• Ah, Yoo Inchon, the old actor-turned-politician who always sides with company owners.

I think he is 73 or so now. I don't think he even knows the name of the members.

• Ah, Yoo Inchon, the old actor-turned-politician who always sides with company owners.

I think he is 73 or so now. I don't think he even knows the name of the members.

Don't doubt grandpas and their knowledge of individual BTS members...lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!