It should become Mandatory for Charts to include the amount of album versions and prices when they post the sales data

• Man, I am tired of all these mid groups faking their way to the top. And as much as I'd like to make this about Blackpink, it is groups like Seventeen that really get overranked due to such methods. And I don't care about pissing off yet another fandom (not that Seventeen has any) but truth must be told. Pledis faked their way to the top bg status. Seventeen are Infinite/Teen Top of 3rd gen at best.

• I think so too because if an album has 20 something versions and ranks first or second in charts, people should at least know why theyre that high

• Well this won't stop until this method surpasses BTS someday. It should have already been easy now that BTS albums have reduced versions and scammy price tags. So you will continue to complain about this. And it's not just bgs. Girl groups are also getting in on the fun. #equality

• As much as i hate to agree with you, I think it's better for charts and chart enthusiasts if they can separate those cheap versions from the actual album. Kit and vinyls and other editions are separated so why not this? Fans can add it up to get the total sales. There's no need for this inflation where everyone is basically being forced into it to not fall behind in numbers and "certifications".

• Sale is sale even if it is mass purchase. Taylor Swift does it too. Ifpi and chart bodies don't have a problem. Grath brooks was famous for shady deals.

• album is album, if the number of songs is the same then in terms of music it's the same, which after all means that technically more recipients/customers became attracted to the group which offers more versions

and actually you need to remember a lot of fans are ifans and when Korean kid goes to music shop he just pays shit or he has cheap delivery meanwhile some of us will find an album for 13 bucks but then shipment cost is 17 or 20 USD so total price is way higher...

so this way for example Korean teenage fan will buy limited edition and meanwhile I will buy jewel case or standard version with fanclub price cut, yet at the end of the day we might pay for it the same price due to shipment cost mentioned above...

what is interesting tho is profit/revenue

because one group will sell 300k with standard edition (13-14 USD) and jewel case (7-8 USD)

but other group will sell less but will have standard edition priced higher for example (16 USD), and instead of jewel case they will have some kind of limited version which costs (25-30 USD)

so this will be interesting thing to see

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Seventeen are on another level. How many album versions must they release in a year when you count their Japanese releases as well ;judgingpepe:

RV also recently coming out with 15 or whatever versions :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• Man, I am tired of all these mid groups faking their way to the top. And as much as I'd like to make this about Blackpink, it is groups like Seventeen that really get overranked due to such methods. And I don't care about pissing off yet another fandom (not that Seventeen has any) but truth must be told. Pledis faked their way to the top bg status. Seventeen are Infinite/Teen Top of 3rd gen at best.

First of all seventeen has sold over 1 million copies with the album your choice which ONLY HAS 3 VERSIONS!!! Pledis didn’t fake shit seventeen is one the top bg😭 it’s the bitches like you who always has something negative to say about seventeen but that doesn’t change the fact that seventeen is very successful

so this is a SvT hate thread? you're mad Svt is out selling your favs?

Seventeen is obviously one of the Top BB in the world right now, if not THE TOP with BTS going on hiatus, with fans all over the world - they had a world wide Stadium/Arena tour just past yr and sold over 5 million albums just on Gaon alone.

dont think teentop or infinite did that.. ever. - or who ever is in you "mid" group tier. Actually nobody comes close to what Seventeen has achieved other than BTS ( who obviously achieved more) and maybe Straykids, BigBang.

....wait.. is this a bait?.. are you secretly a Carat tryin to test the forums to see if there are other secret carats in the forums? or tryin to get a general feel for what other fandoms think of Svt?..idk. i've seen posts like these before and it always turned out to be a bait, but i'll still bite.

Edited once, last by lahel ().

Actually, SVT's album is the same price as BP's album. The only difference is that BP's album is much pricier in US/EU, but that doesn't really matter if you look at the bigger picture cause their sales there are not big to make an impact on their total Global Sales.

And SVT had more variations because they had more members. Both groups are almost doing the same # of versions and both of them have digipacks.

• Actually, SVT's album is the same price as BP's album. The only difference is that BP's album is much pricier in US/EU, but that doesn't really matter if you look at the bigger picture cause their sales there are not big to make an impact on their total Global Sales.

And SVT had more variations because they had more members. Both groups are almost doing the same # of versions and both of them have digipacks.

no one asked for a comparison u obsessed freak. seventeen's sales don't match their streams that's what op is on about.

• no one asked for a comparison u obsessed freak. seventeen's sales don't match their streams that's what op is on about.

Both groups have been mentioned and we're in a 'public' forum so go figure. And OP didn't even mention streams lol. Either way, I'm right and we are talking about album sales and its price here.

And I have never even interacted with you to call me an 'obsessed freak' ;judgingpepe:

• Both groups have been mentioned and we're in a 'public' forum so go figure. And OP didn't even mention streams lol. Either way, I'm right and we are talking about album sales and its price here.

And I have never even interacted with you to call me an 'obsessed freak' ;judgingpepe:

rotten to the core ain't ya? and fyi, no u r not "right". The born pink album has 3 standard versions with 2 limited edition kit and vinyl whereas seventeen has 5 standard versions and let's not even count photocards now . do u know what limited edition for bp means? yeah that's like 50-60k produced each.. Moving on to member versions seventeen has 9 members more than bp. That's a whole "twice" there. So my advice to you, don't discard ur reasoning for groups u don't like. seventeen has an extra 10 versions than bp. i'm not sure what a weverse edition for hybe groups that's on gaon but u know that right? u weirdo

• I'm sorry but how are Seventeen's album sales fishy? When they're the one of the few boy groups that can chart decently in Korea, in addition to just finishing up a successful Dome Tour in Japan?

I won't deny that album versions definitely help but the sales are matching up with their success in other areas so. They have a huge fanbase I'm not sure why people are trying to deny that.

Carats are pretty active on Twitter too, maybe you're just out of touch

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!