What are the Korean things you don't like?

• 1. North Korean dictatorship lol, not because it's dictatorship but because it is not a successful implementation.

2. Daebak (대박), not exactly the word but excessive use of it. It's so random it annoys the heck out of me. Also wooo~ used alongside it. Like why would you go on daebak×∞ for some rice and pot of soup? These two words were so annoying that I asked a Korean person.

Korean person said both words are used often but the reason they annoyed you is because the persons speaking it are trying to act excited when they are not and they are terrible actors and it doesnt sound this fake and annoying in general. Those People were few popular kpop idols, I won't name them. Also i was told usually you can use woo~ or khaaa (screeching sound) when you like something, could be used for something you dislike as well.

What are the things you guys don't like?

• how they speak Korean...

I don't understand it at all!!!

Even I don't know but if half of the stuff is woo and daebak, you start to see a pattern, i developed this skill after watching anime over the year, I can distinguish few words regardless of the language, for example Thai people say "khap" for male, and "kha" for female a lot, literally everything ends with it and sometimes even start with it.

• Even I don't know but if half of the stuff is woo and daebak, you start to see a pattern, i developed this skill after watching anime over the year, I can distinguish few words regardless of the language, for example Thai people say "khap" for male, and "kha" for female a lot, literally everything ends with it and sometimes even start with it.

I'm starting to pick up some korean words from the various korean variety shows

• I'm starting to pick up some korean words from the various korean variety shows

From my experience of few variety Korean shows, i would recommend to not watch them all together, it's so intertwined in their culture and language which is very foreign that you end up smiling like a fool and you don't even understand 90% of the things they are doing and suddenly you find something really racist or xenophobic as a joke which is annoying.

• From my experience of few variety Korean shows, i would recommend to not watch them all together, it's so intertwined in their culture and language which is very foreign that you end up smiling like a fool and you don't even understand 90% of the things they are doing and suddenly you find something really racist or xenophobic as a joke which is annoying.

I've watched plenty of them to understand them well enough

I'm also chinese so I am of a similar enough culture

• The only Korean thing I don't like is the spicy things they offer as a complement to bibimbap. I don't like spicy food at all!

They eat lot of chillies, like when I hear spices i think dried spices with heat. For chillies I just consider them hot and tingly. I prefer this distinction because I can eat spicy(like cloves, cardamom, black pepper, ect) but I can't eat hot (food with lots of chillies) and these two are two very different things. Oftentimes people feed me just food with chillies and say "oh but you said you can handle spicy food".

• Their beauty standards like why must they make idols be that skinny :pepe-sad:

Okay so I know this as I saw a article a while back, it because Korea's geographical location, the ethnic residents have genetics to have lot of fat in their faces (to protect them from windy cold there) and hence their faces look bigger than usual if they have healthy weight. But as the body proportion became a thing, they have to go extra mile to reduce more body fats so their face look smaller.

Fun fact, people with more face fat look younger than their actual age and hence asian look younger than their actual age in general.

• Okay so I know this as I saw a article a while back, it because Korea's geographical location, the ethnic residents have genetics to have lot of fat in their faces (to protect them from windy cold there) and hence their faces look bigger than usual if they have healthy weight. But as the body proportion became a thing, they have to go extra mile to reduce more body fats so their face look smaller.

Fun fact, people with more face fat look younger than their actual age and hence asian look younger than their actual age in general.

I can understand that but still some idols look unhealthy and under weight I mean there are great proportions but some go too far i mean they don't look healthy and sometimes its concerning...

• I can understand that but still some idols look unhealthy and under weight I mean there are great proportions but some go too far i mean they don't look healthy and sometimes its concerning...

That is something i haven't noticed yet so I can't have much opinions on it but I believe your words, maybe mental stress or some disorder is the cause?

• High rent prices

I watch a few channels (mainly American women who live in Korea, all married to a Korean guy) and some explained renting prices and I'm like "WTF?" One woman also had the situation where her landlord wanted to scam her. I had no idea that this is a thing, but some landlords in Korea let you rent out a place for a year or two and than ask you if you like it so much that you would pay an insane number of money to buy the place. If you say no, than your rent will get freakingly more expensive instead. One channel I watch had it, that the woman said she and her husband got asked after living in the place for a year, they said no. So instead her rent got more expensive like she said she payed about 700€ for 1 room and than her landlord increased it to 800€ and in the 3rd year to 900€ and so they had enough after 5 years since their rent was almost 1000€ at that time and she said she wanted to find another apartment where the landlord can't just increase the rent or force you to buy the place.

I heard some Koreans take the deal and either rent out the apartment for so long, even if the prices increase a lot, so that after 10-20 years they live in there rent free or they really buy the place to not need to pay rent no more. It's crazy

Another time a woman I watch showed her house and said "we moved about 2 hours away from Seoul closer to the NK-boarder since we wanted to buy a house but it's insane how expensive it is inside of Seoul. Our apartment was already expensive! For the rent we payed for a 3 room apartment in Seoul you could rent out an 3 floor big house with 2 bathrooms and 4 bedrooms in a village. Just think of that! And that's why we bought our house in the countryside"

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Housing prices are ridiculous in Korea, I have heard it too, it's just below hongkong.

• I definitely think stress is one of it but i also think the companies are forcing them (I'm being absurd ik) but still many ppl even me I stress but I dont lose that much weight

But they dance a lot regularly, that could be considered as excercise so their calorie burn rate could be lot higher than us normal people.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!