Data shown album Sales appear to be plateauing for almost all major kpop groups- 12% Down Overall

• when you look at the biggest album sellers last year: 17, skz and nct dream. you can't really judge 17's sales as their recent cb was a compilation album. skz's 2 albums were released only a few months apart, there next album will probably be a better representation of their fandom's buying power especially after how successful la4 was. nct dream's decline in sales was expected after how underwhelming istj was.

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• The person who posted it literally makes that a point about Twice's being incongruous and suggest a shipping issue for their previous album.

Despite one data blip, the overall trend has been on a plateau of sales. If we exclude or correct for Twice, their point is proven even more!

Mmmm, i think is better using the data of atleast one month sales than the first week, give you a better and more realistic picture of the situation. :pepe-shrug:

• If I'm in Korea or Japan, I'd bunk down next to a dumpster like a homeless person whenever a popular group makes a comeback, scoop up half the albums, and sell 'em to ifans. Easy cash! 🤑

The issue why ifans don’t buy a lot of albums is because of shipping costs which are sometimes tripled the album price. No one will pay that amount of money for secondhand album so this business will fail

• Mmmm, i think is better using the data of atleast one month sales than the first week, give you a better and more realistic picture of the situation.

The point of it was to compare fandom buying as the comeback hits, because that's a good yardstick of purchasing by the 'fans' at the start of the comeback.

Once you get it out to a month, and use Circle data, it becomes more or less meaningless. Firstly because a month will lead to issues with later fansigns conflating purchasing power, as well as a discrepancy between poorly received CB vs actual. The second part is Circle data for some labels is..... let's say 'overblown' to a certain degree. Circle data is shipment sales, so is not an actual reflection of the purchasing power at retail, but rather on production runs and shipment fulfillments.

Circle can be negative later months as unsold stock is return.

Hanteo isn't without it's flaws, but it's a far better yardstick of pre-orders and fandom retail power upon comeback day, and therefore the circumstances are similar and we can compare comeback to comeback.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!