Idols, You wanna have your cake and eat it too??!! I don’t think so!

• I got y’all tea!!!

So, I was just thinking about this topic for some time now and my thoughts boil down to this.

Don’t encourage or feed into extreme parasocial behaviour towards your fans (especially K-fans) and then pull surprised pikachu face when they end up dragging you every time you do something that they don’t agree with.

I know we all like to support idols in their own choices (as we should they are human so of course they are allowed to date, make mistakes and end up doing something incredibly human) but… that doesn’t absolve them of being held accountable for the shit they pull sometimes (or majority of times in some cases).

I don’t know much about every group who feeds into those fantasies but they are in for a reckoning if they don’t think it’s a double edged sword hanging on their necks. I believe certain idols are going to regret doing that when the time comes.

And it’s not like I blame them!!!! Imagine you spending all your time in practice rooms while other kids are in school or outside. Imagine spending your teenage years not freely enjoying but building your skills, honing them to become a singer and realise its battlefield out there. If you’re distracted, you’re done! I get that. And I also get why younger idols do feed into those. They work well, albums get sold, tour tickets sell out, their followers are increased, money flows in… trainee debt (if any) gets paid off.

But is it all worth if your career takes a hit every time you fall in love publicly (or worse in private, but it’s exposed)? Is it worth it in the end? This is a complex topic, no one is to be blame here (I know lot of people are going to blame fans and rightfully so, some them are deranged)…. But ask yourself this… what would you do if you were an idol?

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• at the end of the day one must remember that kpop is a business and no matter how much idols love singing, dancing, rapping, performing etc etc they need to earn a living and make money

and everyone knows that in kpop - it's the idols themselves that are the product

how many of us brought albums because we liked the song or the art??? - no it's because we like the group/soloist etc etc

• The phrase is "eat your cake and have it too", and means that you want to be able to eat your cake but still have it. It's so commonly misquoted in the form you hear that the original has nearly completely been forgotten.

• Rather than blaming idols, these fans should educate themselves.

Learn and respect their privacy even if they are dating someone you don't like.

And above all, try to find your happiness outside okpop, kpop is not everything, there are many beautiful things out there.

Nope idols deserve some blame sometimes

Like look at some of these bg members going live in the shower, constantly flirting with fans and acting like a boyfriend. They themselves need to respect their own privacy and have some self worth imo

They can’t act like that then be shocked when their fanbase leave cause of dating or military… like you purposely tried to appeal to one of the most fickle demographics f around and find out

• Nope idols deserve some blame sometimes

Like look at some of these bg members going live in the shower, constantly flirting with fans and acting like a boyfriend. They themselves need to respect their own privacy and have some self worth imo

They can’t act like that then be shocked when their fanbase leave cause of dating or military… like you purposely tried to appeal to one of the most fickle demographics f around and find out

I don't stan bg so I can't relate,shower vlog? kkkkk give me a link 🤣

<< Typa &irl >>

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!