What are some ESC-takes you have about your own country?

• For Germany

• It was a shame in 2014 that we didn't send the sea chanty band Santiano, they had been the preffered choice, but only when the ESC had ended in this year it came out that a technical difficulty had happend which is why they actually had the most telephone votes by the public bu they didn't went trought. And I'm stil mad for this cause we could've even won with having them, but nope, the guy who won on the show who had a ok-ish song than refused all of a suddon and gave it to the most boring act back than and they made us flop on ESC
    • Why did we send a strangly dressed girl who is also a Korea/boo to ESC 2016 who sung a very mediocre song and made people say we had been weird and she also caused us to flop. Like you don't need to send someone to ESC just cause they won on The Voice before, when the song they debuted with isn't even good
    • I'm happy to hear that Stefan Raab said he wants to cast the artist for the 2025 ESC again, which means we might have more luck winning the ESC again, cause in years where he casted the artist, we made decent placing or even won, but without him Germany just flops hard
    • I was quit mad when the national TV told the band Electric Callboy to be disqualified for 2022 since "they are not radio friendly" cause they are a metalcore band. Bruh, there had been so many videos on YT about people hating this. We could've been so far up, because this band makes great music and are international famous, but nope, national TV needed to ruin it
    • I am still questioning who decided to put a dancing middle finger on the stage in 2021
    • I know some people may not like it, when artists come back to ESC for a 2nd or 3rd time sometimes, but I swear we would do so much better on ESC if Lena would return
    • People always say, if a famous artist represents a country on ESC, this country will do good. Well thats not always the case. In 2013 we chose to send Cascada and all we got to hear was "she is plagiarising/copying Loreen" and than flopped. Bruh she did not plagiarise/copy Loreen. Yall had just been deaf in 2013
    • The stupid song we send to ESC in 2022 was just so boring
    • 2023 was a good idea to ditch the national TV and try to vote for who should represent Germany via TikTok, but it was still not the best thing to do, cause people hated the artist who was chosen ... so seems like being Lordi is an excamption, cause no other metalband ever did good on ESC ever
    • Whatever people had been smocking when we sended Songs like "Guildo hat euch Lieb" or "Wade Hade Du De Da" to the ESC over 20 years ago

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Well... Denmark is not my country, but...

This year I think Denmark a good song.

Even though I also kinda liked the one who ended up in 2nd place in the national final. (even though it was giving me Måns' "Heroes" vibes.)

Thank goodness that the Faroese guy, who ended up 3rd, didn't win. Because his song was pretty much like his usual songs that I have heard in the radio.

The year Reiley won the national final, I actually kinda preferred a different song that was called "He Ran Away". (even though it was kinda giving me Only Teardrops vibes.)

I did actually also like Reiley's song though.

What I liked about Reiley competing in Eurovision, was the fact that the Faroese TV channel decided to have Faroese commentary that year.

I didn't watch the national final in 2021, but "Øve Os På Hinanden" made me feel nostalgia.

In 2019, I kinda preferred "League of Light" over "Love Is Forever".

I kinda liked hearing Greenlandic.

In 2018, I think Denmark made the right choice, when they chose "Higher Ground". That one is one of my favourite entries from Denmark.

In 2016, I kinda liked "Soldiers Of Love", despite the fact that people were being like "It sounds like Atemlos Durch Die Nacht". But I kinda preferred "Who Needs A Heart" by Faroese singer Kristel Lisberg. (even though that song also kinda has Only Teardrops vibes)

In 2013... well... Denmark wouldn't have won if they didn't pick Emmelie de Forest.

In 2012, I kinda prefer "Venter" over "Should've Known Better".

I liked "Venter" because it had both Danish and Swedish lyrics, but somme people thought it sounded like U2's "With Or Without You"

In 2010, I kinda liked "In A Moment Like This", but I remember back then preferring Bryan Rice's "Breathing". And I also liked "Gloria", but maybe because I had heard Gloria a lot on the radio.

In 2008, I prefer The Dreams' "La' Mig Være" over Simon Matthew's "All Night Long", because I find The Dreams' more memorable. Maybe because it was played in my country radio a lot. And I remember as if The Dreams became more famous in Denmark afterwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!