"inappropriate" songs on the radio

• My mother has sometimes said: "songs released nowadays are so perverted and vulgar"

Meanwhile back in the 70's in my country, I think, a group released a song that starts kinda like "When I was 15, I started to get horny" (I don't want to talk about what this song is actually about...)

And that song was consider unsuited for radio broadcast because it was so perverted.

I also think that this song is perverted and it makes me uncomfortable.

But I do know that these kinds of songs aren't just a thing nowadays.

This one 70's song was considered unfit for radio, but nowadays people complain about the radio playing songs with curse words and stuff.

And there are artists in my country cursing and singing about sex.

And that song has stopped being "unfit".

I'm sure that most of the people complaining about those kinds of songs are like:

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children-think-of-the-children.gif

Like once, WAP was playing on the radio a 3 PM.

Yeah, imagine being a parent who is maybe eating lunch with your children, and then you turn on the radio and then you hear that Cardi B x Megan Thee Stallion song. Well, I would just turn off the radio.

And I remember when Reiley was being interviewed on my country's radio and there were also some music playing in that interview.

And one of the songs was "abcdefu" by Gayle. And before they played that song, the radio host said "this song has swear words in it, so if you don't like swear words, then turn off the radio" lol

There are times when I have thought that the radio maybe could have those kinds of songs playing when most children are asleep.

Kinda like how my country's television channel has movies unsuitable for children showing at night or at least that those movies are one of the last things showing on the channel before the channel is "finished for today".

But I don't know.

Are radios like this too in your country?

And do you believe that children should be protected from "inappropriate" songs?

• In America, especially where I'm at, your choices are 80s-2000s Rock, Country (a LOT), or Pop.

My father always complains about not being able to turn on the radio without hearing something "Nasty" Specifically on the Pop stations.

I think it's the parent's responsibility to protect their children from this kinda stuff. if you don't want you or your child to hear it, turn it off.

I do feel as though if the songs are considered "bad enough" they shouldn't be on stations at all, and even when words are censored it ruins the whole song or whatever's playing in general.

i may be in love !

19c597fd710c9de3865e7dabcab2093a.gif

• ... people still listen to the radio?

In America, back when the radio was still relevant, it was always censored. They would either play a "clean" version of the song or curse words would be muted. I would assume this is still the case. I'm not sure how something like WAP would have fared back in the day, or if it would've even been considered for radio play, but there have always been songs that were lyrically controversial for one reason or another. But so long as they don't actually break any broadcasting rules, they'll still get airplay.

• ... people still listen to the radio?

In America, back when the radio was still relevant, it was always censored. They would either play a "clean" version of the song or curse words would be muted. I would assume this is still the case. I'm not sure how something like WAP would have fared back in the day, or if it would've even been considered for radio play, but there have always been songs that were lyrically controversial for one reason or another. But so long as they don't actually break any broadcasting rules, they'll still get airplay.

I don't always listen to the radio.

Or it is mostly my parents, who do.

We sometimes listen to the radio at dinner time.

I have heard that there is a "radio friendly" version of WAP that was saying "Wet and gushy" instead of ... you know...

• I don't always listen to the radio.

Or it is mostly my parents, who do.

We sometimes listen to the radio at dinner time.

I have heard that there is a "radio friendly" version of WAP that was saying "Wet and gushy" instead of ... you know...

i heard that the other day :skull::skull::skull:

like thats still bad

`✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘺, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘦. 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘪𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵´

Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Jihyo in Talk that Talk MV | Twice, Merry happy,  Twice mv   Chaeyoung 🗡💙👓 - TALK THAT TALK MV (1) | Kpop wallpaper, Kpop girls, What  is love

`

• personally i have never listened to wap and i never will.

i can't even listen to the explicit version of seven because of the times jungkook is singing the f word in it it really bothers me.

but this is also like i can't say the f word outloud, or any other curse word for that matter.

i also always skip forward sex or explicit scenes in films. I went to watch poor things and i closed my eyes whevener someone was about to do anything dirty. do i regret not seeing mark bufallo doing stuff to emma stone? i really do not and i would never willingly watch those scenes. do these people have any idea the kind of therapy i would need to unsee those scenes??

idk can't people tell stories without being explicit?»»

• Reminds me of a song from the I think 70s or 80s here in Germany where a dude sings about his first "summer love" and starts with "She was 25 and I was 13" and than it gets like blah blah flirting blah blah making out blah blah never forgetting her,... uh

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Reminds me of a song from the I think 70s or 80s here in Germany where a dude sings about his first "summer love" and starts with "She was 25 and I was 13" and than it gets like blah blah flirting blah blah making out blah blah never forgetting her,... uh

hmmmmmmmm thats something thats too dark to even mention the word.

• hmmmmmmmm thats something thats too dark to even mention the word.

you now made me think of other "older" songs with kinda odd lyrics :teeheek:

There is a famous 90s song by a German punk-rock band, it's inapropriate in it's own way, but still iconic if you ask people who know the song, the lyrics go like:

" Hello my darking, I love you.

You are the only one for me.

I find the others stupid.

Thats why I'm courting you.

Now undress yourself and lie down.

Because I'm so in love with you.

Soon it'll be dark, than its night.

The word of warning is fitting:

Men are pigs.

They all only want that one thing.

Don't trust them, my child.

They only want that one thing.

Because men are just like that.

A man is only feeling as a man.

If he can make you come.

He lies, till the beams bend. (Not sure how to properly translate this meaning, something like too much lying)

Only to get you into the bed.

And on the very next morning.

He not even, remembers your name.

Ruthless and uninhibited.

Feelings are very unfamiliar to him.

For him love equales to losing semen.

Girl, remember for yourself.

Men are pigs.

Don't ask about sunshine.

Exceptions exist non.

In every man is always a pig.

Men are swine.

Don't trust them any word.

They swear eternal loyalty.

And on the next morning they are gone.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

“What have I done that you keep tormenting me and saying you don't love me?”

“You don't have the slightest idea what love is. We don't even know each other.”

And even if you do the mistake.

And get yourself a husband.

Soon after marriage he turns into an animal.

Than he shows his true self.

Totaly unshaved and disgusting.

Is drinking beer, watches TV and turns fat.

And burps and farts in the bed.

Than you got King Kong as husband.

That's why I say, and always remember:

Men are pigs.

Don't trust them, my child.

They only want that one thing.

Because men are just like that.

Men are rats.

Deal with them only with cunning.

They want to mate with everything.

That isn't on a tree in 3 seconds.

Men are pigs.

Don't ask about sunshine.

Exceptions exist non.

In every man is always a pig.

Men are cars.

Just without spare wheel.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. "

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!