[theqoo] Korean obesity rate per gender and age group

• AVvXsEj_gwGFduEkC_ERFSVCxANru_rDJcF39U-7FrmIkoHJu87IsSbnsyLFSi1_6VerPWGdexfsQT55cynEeHX6EOgIdYjYZTtND67AmkznmHJBFwRlKl_5UAfHTUT6dQJN32ZdBKEcJidCa0-wT3yfnWgXKVXFjibi2c-TWy9tQqXNVy289m1yEam1fCPpu2Hp=s16000

(Obesity rate per gender - age group in 2022, scale: %)

Columns: Classification | Overall | Men | Women

Rows:
    - Overall
    - 20's
    - 30's
    - 40's...)

The demographic with the highest obesity rate are men in their 30's with 51.4%

original post: here

1. No but how can more than half be obese.... interesting, go work out a bit

2. No but I really can see this kind proportion from the people around me so it's really fascinatingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ among my male co-workers in their 20-40's, 1 person out of 2 have protruding bellies and don't work out

3. Women gain weight easily and have a hard time losing weight while it's hard for men to gain weight but they lose weight easily. Korean men are such a turn off, ugh.... But I thought it would be like that... The men in my company who go out to smoke during lunch time all have bellies of a pregnant woman

4. And they are still claiming that women have inferiority complex because we are "chubby"???

5. For real, even in real life, one man out of two in their 30's is a pig and I hate it

6. I'm more shocked to see 50% in men and 15% in women... we have an overwhelmingly lower rateㅜ

7. Men in their 30's honestly have 0 s*x appeal.... Ask yourself if you would want to date or marry someone like you

8. I think that after your 30's you really see the divide between people who manage themselves intensely vs those who don't... but I also am curious as to why men in their 30's have such a high rate of obesityㅠㅠ

9. Men and their weight aside, I'm really curious as to why their bellies protrude that much. It's as if they were pregnant or something

10. I'm part of the 19% womenㅜㅜㅋㅋ

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Women gain weight easily and have a hard time losing weight while it's hard for men to gain weight but they lose weight easily.

I don't mind whole thread and I get it that some ladies are hating there in comments

but in same time the line I quoted is such a bullshit... "it's hard for men to gain weight"

wtf are they talking about

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This already looks like a negative toxic post. I clearly think some Koreans are jealous people. Look at all this banter. Thank goodness I'm an American living in the U.S., Even we don't mock people that severely. 🙂

• 9. Men and their weight aside, I'm really curious as to why their bellies protrude that much. It's as if they were pregnant or something

It’s the beer. Korean drinking culture has a lot to do with these statistics. American male beer drinkers look the same.

• It’s the beer. Korean drinking culture has a lot to do with these statistics. American male beer drinkers look the same.

Or it's something that people rarely talk about. Men are usually more active playing football (soccer) and going to gym when they are young.

Then they get older they finally get some money but have least time for those activities.

Also they go to military for year and a half when they probably lose weight, eat less and train hard.

They go to military before being 30. Then they come back stay in shape for some time.

Then they hit that slow down in mid 30's

It's no rocket science.

• I don't mind whole thread and I get it that some ladies are hating there in comments

but in same time the line I quoted is such a bullshit... "it's hard for men to gain weight"

wtf are they talking about

Science? Due to testosterone, men have much more muscle mass than women thus, burn calories way easier.

• Obesity rates in South Korea are higher among men and increase with age. Encouraging healthy habits among all age groups is crucial to tackle this issue effectively.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!