Speculating about idols sexuality- Acceptable or not?

• Straight people need to stop talking about it, this is often done is a gross, stereotypical, harmful way. Like, especially shippers need to shut the fuck up. I promise you your idols aren't leaving 'clues' about their secret affair with another member in their v-live:sweatr:

But also queerbaiting need to stop. I'm not talking about skinship or display of friendship, but some stuff is really cringy and unecessary. Queerbaiting is 100% done for straight people, not for actual LGBT fans, and it's just really gross.

• i HATE it, its disrespectful and delusional.

its none of our business, kidols tend to do what theyre told to do, that includes fan service. we dont know anything about these people and shouldnt speculate such things about them. im sick and tired of moas calling txt gay kings or stays proving everyone that stray kids are 'the fruitiest' group - its simply annoying and weird

• No, why should it matter what their sexual orientation is. They’re human beings and fans should just admire them for their talent and contribution to the music industry, not whether they’re gay or not plus it’s their business anyway.

• It's one thing to discuss it respectively, but it's another to assume or force a label onto them. As you mentioned the thing that happened to Sehun is completely unacceptable. I feel like just flat out asking a virtual stranger "Hey, are you gay?" is honestly kind of rude. If a person is willing to publicly state their sexuality then that's perfectly fine, but to pry into someone's personal life when you don't know them is just super rude to me.

I do personally dislike assuming idol's sexuality because so much of it is based on stereotypes. A few months ago there was a trend on Twitter to make "Gayest K-Pop Idol" rankings and one put Holland at #10 and when people started calling them out for putting one of the only openly gay idols at the end of the list it became a whole gross discussion about gay stereotypes. I only read about half the thread, but I just felt really gross and depressed.

As a person who took almost a decade to accept their sexuality, I completely understand the desire to identify and connect with an idol on that level. I just think we all need to remember boundaries and not to make judgements based on harmful tropes.

100% agreed with all of this!

Weren’t Chen and Siwon on that gayest list? It becomes ridiculous.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!