2. Electric Smoker. (1) 14%
    3. Charcoal BBQ Grill with wood chips. (2) 29%
    4. Propane BBQ Grill with wood chips. (0) 0%
    5. Wood Pellet Smoker. (1) 14%
    6. Commercial grade BBQ Grill Smoker. (0) 0%
    7. Oven using liquid smoke. (0) 0%
    8. Other (0) 0%
    9. Researching (1) 14%

Smoker - using wood smoke to flavor meats.

Using varied temperature to slow cook or fast cook.

Smoke to preserve meats ie Jerky and smoked Salmon.

Charcoal, Electric, Wood chunks and wood Pellet Smokers.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smoker-cooking.com%2Fimages%2Fsmokedbrisket-wsm-250x265.jpg&f=1&nofb=1?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.smokingmeatforums.com%2Fdata%2Fattachments%2F346%2F346817-8961998d3da93d1ba8320e6a240782c5.jpg&f=1&nofb=1?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftogarovens.com%2Fimages%2Fpictures%2Flarge%2F3fish-smoker-oven.jpg&f=1&nofb=1?u=https%3A%2F%2Fbesthomegears.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F12%2Fsmoking-wood.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• I'm new to Smoking. There is a lot of Recipes annd Videos online.

I had early success using the 3-2-1 pork spare ribs.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/…-1-barbecue-method-335862

The biggest complaint most people have with ribs is that they turn out dry and tough. The 3-2-1 method (so named for the three sets of cooking times) for smoking ribs nearly guarantees tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs without a lot of extra effort. All you need to follow this method is a big sheet of aluminum foil and lots of time. Everything else follows the normal process of smoking ribs.

• Yes we have a Patio. Smoker is under the Rafter similar to a Balcony. An Apartment with a Balcony a Smoker would be interesting. At startup the Smoker puts out a cloud of smoke. After that it is much less like the amount of a BBQ. I see BBQs on many Balconies.

Yesterday Smoked Spare Ribs and Tri-Tip. Sister gets the Ribs and I get the Tri-Tip.

A Week ago did three flats of Chicken Legs and Thighs. Two Sisters visiting did all the cooking on the Smoker. Using a WiFi Meat Thermometer they made perfectly cooked BBQ Chicken. So much left overs, enough for them to take home. Their first time using a Smoker with amazing results.

• Yes we have a Patio. Smoker is under the Rafter similar to a Balcony. An Apartment with a Balcony a Smoker would be interesting. At startup the Smoker puts out a cloud of smoke. After that it is much less like the amount of a BBQ. I see BBQs on many Balconies.

Yesterday Smoked Spare Ribs and Tri-Tip. Sister gets the Ribs and I get the Tri-Tip.

A Week ago did three flats of Chicken Legs and Thighs. Two Sisters visiting did all the cooking on the Smoker. Using a WiFi Meat Thermometer they made perfectly cooked BBQ Chicken. So much left overs, enough for them to take home. Their first time using a Smoker with amazing results.

Have you done BBQ / steaks with lava rocks and wood pellet mixture underneath the grill?

• Electric Smokers use Lava Rocks. Haven't had much experience with this type. Uses Wood Chips put in burn box or wrapped with foil. Place on the Lava Rock and heating coil to ignite and smoke. Takes a Skill coordinating temperature, smoke amount and time.

I did a Spare Rib and learned it can be over smoked. Got the temp and time good. Next time only used one charge of wood chips and was much better.

I tried Beef Jerky and failed miserably. Too much smoke and too high a temperature screwed things up. Less smoke and lower temperature. Also Silicone mesh so slices don't fall through the grill.

Smokers 80C - 120C Use a thermometer in the Steak. May take 1-3 hours.

BBQ 180C - 260C would do a Steak. Shear and cook quickly in 10-15 minutes total.

• 3-2-1 Spare Ribs recipe (6hrs)- Treager Pellet Smoker

Ingredients

2 Pork Sparerib slabs

Salt and Pepper

BBQ sauce

Brown sugar

Pellets - Fruit woods

Smoking temperatures - 3 hours 180F, 2 hours 225F, 1 hour 225F

Prepare the Ribs, remove the silver off the underside of the Ribs.

Rub Salt and Pepper on the Ribs.

Place a Rib meat side up on rack. Smoke at 180F for 3 hours.

lHqbspf.jpg

Large sheet of Aluminum foil sprinkle Brown Sugar and lay Ribs meat side down on it. Cover the Ribs with aluminum foil and crimp the foils to form a air tight seal. Return wrapped Ribs in the Smoker meat side down. Bake for 2 hours at 225F.

Using a Cookie sheet because of drippings. Remove the Ribs from the wrap and discard the foil.

Bast both sides of the Ribs with BBQ sauce. Place in the smoker for another 1 hour at 225F.

1UR9ZM6.jpg

During the Six hour smoke time wrapped Potatoes were baking.

Remove the Ribs and let cool few minutes before cutting.

Left overs vacuum packed with Baked Potato and Lima Beans and put n the freezer.

BBVIaO4.jpg

Makes for quick meals and great gifts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!