Armys: "Grammy used BTS for clout and views"

• Yes, and? I know how racism was still before this incident but right now we can see how the grammys have fueled it even more thanks to all that happened, so it makes sense why everyone is talking about it more now...

you being half Asian does not validate you using the viewership excuse to trash other people right now. The issue os bigger than that. I wont call out users who bah other kpop groups here because they are already brainless followers who cant see above their bias but the issue here is bigger than just fans so I hope you stop fueling threads out of grammys cause it is not the right time

• Obviously you're a troll who don't care, but I think it's a bit funny that the pre-show on Youtube had more viewers than the actual show. Either ARMY decided to ragequit after BTS didn't get the award (and to just watch their performance later on youtube), or they just went for illegal streaming instead.

Generally ARMY did their best to not give clout to the Grammys this year (separate hashtags on twitter). I think it was the right call.

• Yes, and? I know how racism was still before this incident but right now we can see how the grammys have fueled it even more thanks to all that happened, so it makes sense why everyone is talking about it more now...

you being half Asian does not validate you using the viewership excuse to trash other people right now. The issue os bigger than that. I wont call out users who bah other kpop groups here because they are already brainless followers who cant see above their bias but the issue here is bigger than just fans so I hope you stop fueling threads out of grammys cause it is not the right time

I think people are talking about it more cuz 8 people were shot dead at a massage parlor and not cuz bts didn't get a grammy

• "I have a black friend", "I'm not racist, I just act that way", etc.

ARMY went to twitter and other platforms to watch the performance after BTS got snubbed. This math is not complicated.

• I think people are talking about it more cuz 8 people were shot dead at a massage parlor and not cuz bts didn't get a grammy

Yes, it is not the only reason, but one of the reason... But since this is a kpop forum and this thread talks about grammy, I am talking more about the outage and case related to it..

Just because there are other cases does not mean we can just forget about this one, awareness about all is important and is just as severe. Racism is Racism at the end of the day no matter in which form

• I think people are talking about it more cuz 8 people were shot dead at a massage parlor and not cuz bts didn't get a grammy

Are you still peddling the whole BTS does not face xenophobia and racism bullshit just cause it is your opinion? Don't you guys get tired being so dismissive of what BTS is facing after what happened to them today just cause you dislike them? I am hoping you are uninformed and /or ignorant as to what happened today to BTS else this such a sick af response.

Edited 3 times, last by paradis ().

Are BTS not Asians, or are they not facing racism and xenophobia right now? You are in a kpop forum, so obviously we are talking about the newest case of racsim in it.

Are you going to defend a troll (with wrong stats) just to say BTS is not facing racism? Or do you negate it altogether? It is not even about the award but how BTS is depicted in media and radio in the whole western world, because of the award and even before it.

What are your thoughts on that, pray tell?

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• Are BTS not Asians, or are they not facing racism and xenophobia right now? You are in a kpop forum, so obviously we are talking about the newest case of racsim in it.

Are you going to defend a troll (with wrong stats) just to say BTS is not facing racism? Or do you negate it altogether? It is not even about the award but how BTS is depicted in media and radio in the whole western world, because of the award and even before it.

What are your thoughts on that, pray tell?

When did i say bts is not facing racism? Tell me.

This is my opinion. I just think that 8 people being killed is more important than an award not being given.

I never said its not important, am saying 8 people loosing their lives is more important.

The consequences of rasicm are different.

You can't put someone not getting an award to 8 people dieing in the same bracket

Edited once, last by Skyliv ().

• This is not about BTS not getting an award, gosh. Not one person here claimed that the treatment BTS is meted out is worse than the horrific shootings and hate crimes, the fact that you had to go there and draw that analogy to once again be dismissive is pathetic.

This is about what happened today, read up and understand what yerivuitton was talking about.

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• Who said both incidents are the same? One is about lost lives of multiple Asian people while the other is making a group Asian astists the butt of racial jokes and depicting them as bruised asians with no names under a white hand hilding a grammy. Korean media is also calling it an act of racism.

You are the one comparing it when there's nothing to compare... both are acts of racism and xenophobia.

• Who said both incidents are the same? One is about lost lives of multiple Asian people while the other is making a group Asian astists the butt of racial jokes and depicting them as bruised asians with no names under a white hand hilding a grammy. Korean media is also calling it an act of racism.

You are the one comparing it when there's nothing to compare... both are acts of racism and xenophobia.

Amazing how that is being conflated with this, as if Armys haven't always been vocal about the xenophobia and racism BTS faces long before these systemic attacks on Asians in US started. BTS in fact were amongst the first to face targetted attack way back in early Feb and March 2020 at the start of the covid outbreak with that radio host in US talking about contracting covid from them or those multiple viral racist covid tweets against BTS.

So making it appear like Armys are trivialising a serious issue by being petulant over a Grammy loss is not it.

• Official Post

Did you actually watch the grammys? I watched from beginning to end and sat through the grammys telling me that BTS will be coming next and yet artist after artist kept performing making BTS the second to last performers of the night. I don't remember seeing that for any other artist, they said Post Malone was coming next and that was the truth and they didn't keep teasing his performance either.

These higher ups see BTS' numbers and recognize how power and dedicated army are. Who wouldn't want a massive fanbase to watch their show?

• Amazing how that is being conflated with this, as if Armys haven't always been vocal about the xenophobia and racism BTS faces long before these systemic attacks on Asians in US started. BTS in fact were amongst the first to face targetted attack way back in early Feb and March 2020 at the start of the covid outbreak with that radio host in US talking about contracting covid from them or those multiple viral racist covid tweets against BTS.

So making it appear like Armys are trivialising a serious issue by being petualant over a Grammy loss is not it.

Kpop stans were too busy laughing with western fandoms calling BTS every name under the sun, from bots to more racially charged... they ever wondered why? And ARMY has always been vocal about racial and other social issues on social media. So much so that sometimes I get overwhelmed.

I remember not long ago a thread was made about the fact that because BTS is at the forefront of kpop in west so they are facing the most racist attacks... just like what happens whenever an artist/celebrity of a minority becomes big enough to be a threat. And kpop fans said that racism can't be measured and is not a 'race'.

Wonder what changed now and suddenly acts of racisms are compared and contrasted when not even the Korean media is doing that?

• One part in this that I don't get is stans being upset that BTS performed late. And not for the first time either. You think BTS would have preferred to have their performance screened in the first 30 minutes? The kudos is in being the headliner - headliners perform last. This is one thing Army's need to get over. It's "my diamond encrusted shoes are hurting my poor toes" territory.

• One part in this that I don't get is stans being upset that BTS performed late. And not for the first time either. You think BTS would have preferred to have their performance screened in the first 30 minutes? The kudos is in being the headliner - headliners perform last. This is one thing Army's need to get over. It's "my diamond encrusted shoes are hurting my poor toes" territory.

There was a set list for performers, was going according to plan for more than half of the show... till it magically became scrambled when BTS' time was nearing. They were not the headlineres there.

They teased BTS and ARMY for over an hour with multiple times saying "BTS coming next" when it didn't happen. They did no such thing with other artists. Then when they did appear at the end, ther song was cut almost 20 seconds. They were not even given enough time to show their full performance.

You think all this is normal?

• The decline in viewership rating is just a result of thousands of people seeing the Grammys for what they really are: a scam, and therefore boycotting. This has been going on for years. Could also be because were in a pandemic and people have other things to worry about than an awards show.

That said, I think it’s really delusional to think they weren’t using BTS for clout and Armys as a tool during the entire award show. No other artist’s performance was described as “and coming up next” as much as BTS. They didn’t come next. They ended up being the second to last performing act while being hyped as “next”. No ones denying the Grammys aren’t popular, but due to the decline in the past years, why would they pass on a chance for high viewership? They knew Armys would be watching the entire thing to not accidentally miss BTS. They kept pushing their performance back, it was very frustrating having to sit through the entire thing.

Also they didn’t even get a proper introduction before their performance like every other artist- that was also ridiculous.

BTS’ live after the show had more views than the actual award show. Grammys need BTS more than BTS needs them.

How did the Grammys fuel it? Is it because BTS didn't win? They lost because Dynamite is shit compared to ROM.

Stop using the Asian racism and xenophobia to attack Grammy. I bet we will not have this conversation if BTS won.

:clown:

• How did the Grammys fuel it? Is it because BTS didn't win? They lost because Dynamite is shit compared to ROM.

Stop using the Asian racism and xenophobia to attack Grammy. I bet we will not have this conversation if BTS won.

:clown:

Stop showing off your ignorance... it's quite embarrassing. Not ARMYs fault that kpop fans have no idea or ignored that BTS have always faced racism and ARMYs have always talked about it, even if no Grammys were involved.

I just searched for some articles in 2018, you can add on for every year for your studies. Ignorance is not a cute look when it comes to racism or knowing what pop "performance" even means:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Armys before the Grammy: Grammy is a prestigious award and it would be great if BTS will win it.

Armys after the Grammy: They are racist!!

:clown::clown:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!