My vocabulary is trash

• or at least, nowadays, I'm feeling kind of low self-esteem about my vocabulary. (or how to explain it)

No one has told me this personally, but I'm just feeling that way.

I have been told though once, when I was 13 or something, that I have troubles communicating with other people. Or that was before I got diagnosed with autism.

That might not have anything to do with vocabulary.

I do also feel like I often have troubles expressing myself using words, even though, on this forum, I'm kind of known for writing fanfics.

I speak 3 languages fluently, so in some languages my vocabulary might be better than in other languages.

English is my third language.

• You seem fine! i haven't noticed any issues. I think it's just you feeling down. Cheer up! Think of seonghwa and boats and ducks and cowboy hats and talking parrots

• read more books. I'm sure you've heard this a lot but it really helps with vocabulary, articulating thoughts with words, thinking, just everything. seriously, people these days don't read nearly as much as they should.

don't just read any book, because a lot of the books that get published and are popular these days use elementary schooler vocabulary. Try to read books that are slightly above your reading level so you will be challenged but not too high level that you can't finish it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!