Why did Jessi Ho succeed in what CL tried but failed?

• Jessi really hustled for a lonnggg time to get where she is now but she also has drive, talent and good management (now).

CL had horrible management and was basically stopped from advancing but when she did release music, it was eh. She's playing catchup now, but she doesn't seem to have the same savvy that Jessi has. I liked 5 Star, i wish she had promoted it better.

• Jessi really hustled for a lonnggg time to get where she is now but she also has drive, talent and good management (now).

CL had horrible management and was basically stopped from advancing but when she did release music, it was eh. She's playing catchup now, but she doesn't seem to have the same savvy that Jessi has. I liked 5 Star, i wish she had promoted it better.

You can tell for Jessi Ho it comes more naturally. CL tries to be too try hard and add POC people into her MVs while I mostly see pale Koreans and white gurls in Jessi's MVs

• Jessi isn’t popular globally like that so she didn’t really win. She’s a household name with kpop fans but that’s it lol.

But yeah CL could’ve have Jessi career in Korea if YG didn’t sabotaged her and wasn’t big headed for a US career.

Lbr CL isnt popular globally or domestically anymore tho

Jessi "flopped" for years, NN is her first music success and its after being in the industry over a decade

• I don't know much about CL but I think it does show what a difference the right management can do, at least in Jessie's case. Ever since she joined Psy's label she started going up, before she was a c-tier celebrity at best and now she's basically a b+ tier.

She hosts a youtube interview show that got so popular that it now has its own regular tv slot, appears constantly in all the popular variety shows, among them one of the biggest show with Jaesuk/Lee Hyori, at the same time she becomes a regular on another new show with Jaesuk that just recently got renewed for a season 2

So, for Jessie

+ Good management

+ A personality that melds extremely well with variety shows, helped along by having good chemistry with Jaesuk

+ Timing it with a song that tops the chart for the first time (ofc helped along by the above)

She's a multi entertainer that can host tv shows, entertain as a guest on any variety how and do music on top of it, its something that few can do so well, and all of it adds up.

From what I know CL is mainly an artist and that's it, now artists can ofc make it without the above but it becomes that much harder, that combined with less than ideal management and her own choices is probably why roles are so reversed today.

• CL definitely had management issues with YG, she had a bunch of songs she wrote that are still to this day unreleased.

Jessi was actually doing not that great either, but last year and this year she made her own variety show (Jessi Showterview), committed to more variety shows with yoo jae suk, and her song Nununana was a hit

• True, Jessi's personality does so much for her. CL is cool and fierce but that doesn't show who she is.

I guess this is about who's born bad ass and who learns to be a bad ass as a persona given for her role in the group.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!