lets talk about how some of the people that constantly belittle girl group's hard work and keep shading are female.

• "Hating" on ggs is not misogynistic. It's kpop and it's what all immature fans do in fanwars. And supporting feminism has got nothing to do with it. As long as dragging is not based on something related to your gender it's not Misogynistic. If you're not a trash person you won't drag other groups. :rolleyes:

Slut shaming the gg idols is what is sexist and is one of the many problems. Saying fangirls don't support ggs because they're jealous of them is the problem.

Both these things are largely done by male gg stans at least in this forum. I understand it's not all male gg stans who do this though.

I don't know what to say lol, some people bring the misogyny argument in every topic. People ha e to stop pitting women against women :rolleyes:

• But why would I have to defend another woman just because I am female? Why do I have to always choose the person with my ethnicity? We are individuals with different values and wishes. People should stop using this kind of mob mentality.

People will throw their own gender under the bus BECAUSE they are individuals in the first place and not only a woman, poc or more. That‘s why generalizations do not make any sense. Yes, it does influence your decisions but there are more factors to it than just being in a certain social group. Everyone has different morals and values in the end

Girl... please. Of course everyone can choose and pick whatever they want. But ignoring facts for the sake of defending your faves isn’t ok.

• Girl... please. Of course everyone can choose and pick whatever they want. But ignoring facts for the sake of defending your faves isn’t ok.

That is true but this is a general problem and also in the end problem of the individual. I do not get why the gender is the reason why someone should support or hate someone. Delusional behavior is again up to the individual

• “Women should support other women” is an actual trope used by people because gender equality starts with us. This does not mean women should let other women get a free pass on things, or not critique when necessary, etc., but rather help them grow and feel a sense of unity because we’re surely not getting it from men (speaking objectively).

That being said, misogyny is a real concept, even in Kpop, and that’s all I can say according to the responses because K can’t read the OP.

• Women on one hand want themselves to be recognised as equal to men

But when comes to defending their favourite boy groups, they belittle other female groups. Not surprising

• Exactly. OP is doing what she says to BGs. A fresh example in my mind, In the iconic songs thread, she names a shitload of GGs songs and no BG song, basically saying that BGs don't have any iconic songs. If that isn't recognizing other's hard work, I don't know what it is.

So before you demand something OP, maybe you should start with yourself.

yo.. what if they just stans ggs and doesn't know may bg songs..?? its okay to listen to ggs and not bgs.. in the end, they're not bashing them or saying boy groups suck are they? i want you think about this for a few minutes before clapping back at me for being biased.. cuz i stan both boy and girl groups and will stand up for any kpop stan if they're not in the wrong. i don't see anything wrong with what they said. however, if you could give me evident proof of where they claimed that then id take back my words and sincerely apologize for incorrectly defending them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!