[NATE/NAVER] SM's new 'K-Pop' training academy requires students to drop out of school to attend

• Wow, the schism in reactions between Nate posters and Naver posters :wow:

So, is this like an arts school? I don't think there's an issue with attending a school where there's courses focused on skills and fields related to pop music and entertainment industry, as long as they get the proper core classes like math, languages, literature etc at the same level as common high schools. But if that's not the case, they're taking a big risk.

I don't get the whole it 'being a factory' argument, I never understood it when K-pop fans and others use this argument: you can attend schools or training/coaching programs for years in order to join top sports or become a professional musician, yet as soon as it's about K-pop when you're getting coached and schooled for years, it's suddenly a 'factory'? Sounds like double standards to me.

I don't have an issue with specialty schools as a replacement for common high schools (as long as students get the basic core curriculum at the least). I do have an issue with if a company owns a school that serves as replacement of common high schools, added to this the excessive school fees to join such schools.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Let’s imagine it’s another label like Hybe or YGE who did this and not SME. I bet you gonna be shocked..

Not at all to me it's just a school like a football school or a culinary school

Where all the classes evolve around only this area

And where you don't get a math, french, or english classes

This type of school are created for kids who are certain to want to do a certain job and yes they always have to pay for these types of school because they aren't public school but private school

And yes even if you do this type of school you'll never sure to debut i know someone who was lucky enough to enter the center of formation of the olympic of marseille after doing a foot school

Someone else who do drop out by the school and had to find another option to do

Just like people doung culinary school aren't certain to become chief with a 5 star restaurants and a lot of them just stay 2nd in a restaurant etc ...

It's the risk of this type of school and i don't see a problem with it

People asking to enter this school know that they are putting some chances on their side to debut in the future, but there's also possibilities that they don't debut

And i personally don't have a problem with this whatever which agency open this type of school

NOWHERE in the contract this student sign before entering the school it's written that entering this school give them a full chance to debut

And i'm sorry to me you're at the age to be in high school it means your old enough to know if something is a good decision or not

If somebody decide to enter this school and doesn't debut they can only blame themselves

Their brains are enough developed to be able to judge what's good or what's bad for their future

You should all stop acting like high school kids aren't enough smart to judge and take whats the best decision

I'm sorry but we all had crazy dreams until high school and when we had to decide what we wanted to do some people prefer to follow this crazy dream and other just prefer to go for something more rational who will give them more option after

That's the same case here

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• And i personnally much prefer to see someone go in a school like this if they want to pursue a job in the entertainement, be a dance teacher or something else

Than lost years learning maths or english etc....

I had a normal school life, doing primary school, high school and now college

And i'm sorry but everything i learned in maths during high school like function, complex number, geometry of space, exponential function, anti-derivaties and primitives

Are tons of things i had to learn in school but i never use since i learn them and will never use them in the future

Unless i want to work in engineering or science etc... So yes they are useless

And i agree that if someone doesn't want to work in these types of job it's dumb to teach them this, or for them to learn this

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!