SO SUNMI CLAIMED TO BE BISEXUAL ON CAMERA

• Nice

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

source : 7.43-ish

there I did it with proof

• I think it was a joke with a fan who asked "what about woman/girl?"

she didn't want to hurt a fan ;(

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I’m bisexual myself and I also think this is reaching, seemed more like fan service to me. Previously she said she supports the community but isn’t in it herself.

• Omg another thread about this again? In the same day?! She alr said she is not bi or gay but she supports the community

my previous thread was locked without giving me a chance to give source

and she can say whatever she wants in other sources

i posted my source and i put what it says in the video

• and? She just answered a fan. She herself clearly said she is not. So wtf are you on about?

??

she clearly said yes to approaching women in this source?

not my fault she says different things in different places?

do you take it super seriously when someone says "gay panic" about kpop idols?

probably not

people say it as lighthearted jokes

consider this like that but with source to make it spicier

• For me, it seems like more of a positive response to a fan than an affirmation to me. While I do not wish to speculate on Sunmi's sexuality, she does seem to be comfortable in whatever hers is, and I think she just doesn't seem to mind being admired in that sense by both sexes. You can be positive to the attention of others even if you're not going to be pursuing it yourself. :claps:

Buddy InSomnia Neverland Miracle MooMoo

<3 2021 = 10 Years of Kpop <3

giphy.gif

• Yes, i agree with what you said. Also i feel like she just likes to be open minded and not put labels on herself.

It seems like people just want to hear her say certain things.

Also it doesn't matter how she 'labels' herself at all.

The title of the thread is quite misleading, because she didn't 'claimed to be bisexual'.

Indeed. :smirks:

It's understandable that people would love to find out more about their favorite idols, but matters like sexuality are a highly private matter (that also have serious consequences in a place like South Korea, unfortunately). I'm sensitive to topics like this one because I identify as biromantic myself. If it turns out she is bisexual, good on her! If it turns out she isn't, still great. I honestly just admire her open-mindedness and charming personality. :iloveyoub:

Buddy InSomnia Neverland Miracle MooMoo

<3 2021 = 10 Years of Kpop <3

giphy.gif

• Yes, i agree with what you said. Also i feel like she just likes to be open minded and not put labels on herself.

It seems like people just want to hear her say certain things.

Also it doesn't matter how she 'labels' herself at all.

The title of the thread is quite misleading, because she didn't 'claimed to be bisexual'.

I think some LGBT fans try too hard to put labels on idols. I understand wanting representation, before I came out as bisexual I used to latch on to things that ultimately didn’t mean anything. At the end of the day we only have one out idol, Holland.

• This has shades of "I AM LGBT (EAR-PIERCING SCREEEEEEAAAAAMMMMMS) ...queen..."

I will be fully supportive of any idols who say they are LGBT+, but let's not try to drag people out of closets they may not even be in.

• I understand that, of course it makes you feel happy having someting in common with your favorite idol.

But i'm afraid that it would be hard for them to publicly come out.

So with a lot of speculation we can just cause them harm.

Agreed 100%. People label idols without knowing them. For example, some people decided Heechul and Momo were gay, and then expressed disappointment or even denial when their dating news came out. South Korea is pretty homophobic so it’s understandable why any idols who are LGBT would not want to reveal it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!