If you'd choose your failed idol fate, wouldn't you rather go down like BAP, Pristin and X1 than any other group?

• I think human nature is shaped in a way that we're coping much better when we make ourselves believe we got screwed by circumstances. Like no matter what the rest of your career will be like, you can always blame the fate, the company or anything else but yourself. But when you fail under a top company that does everything to support you, then you can't help it but blame yourself.

I was recently watching Peak Time and the thing that people remembered about BAP is how they actually won the rookie award over EXO, VIXX and Btob, like in the mind of the people as well as idols themselves, the circumstances failed their possibly amazing career. Even though, realistically speaking EXO was already taking over before the whole BAP stuff happened. And Pristin's results weren't great either. Nevertheless these groups will be remembered with pity, meanwhile groups that under-performed on their own merit, without major scandal or issues will be treated as flops. So I think it is better to have that coping mechanism and excuse for not making it.

• I am gonna start swearing at Shinee :pepe-slash:

:eyes:

at one point you already did

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No, I don't think I'd choose the fate of BAP, which entails abuse, wage theft and a lack of retention of anything I worked on.

I don't think some strangers on the internet going "They beat Exo once" is gonna pay my bills

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!