Seventeen’s Mingyu has settled with one of his school bullying accusers

• Statement regarding Seventeen’s Mingyu Seventeens-Mingyu-has-settled-with-one-of-his-school-bullying-accusers.jpg

“Hello, this is Pledis Entertainment.

We notify an additional update regarding the online school bullying rumors raised against Seventeen’s Mingyu.

The agency has held several dialogues with the accuser who attended the same tutoring school as Mingyu, confirming the details of the allegations. Through the dialogues, both sides have come to a mutual agreement to settle misunderstandings and bring the issue to an end.

This accuser, who went through various personal situations during their middle school days, stated that they published the bullying post in the hopes of making the injustices done to them known publicly. As a result, the topic of Mingyu came up.

In response, our artist explained that he often played jokes with the other male classmates at the tutoring school; however, he had no intention of ‘bullying’ or mistreating any specific individuals with the intent to hurt and belittle. However, the artist also relayed that if his past actions inflicted discomfort on the accuser, then he offered his sincere apologies.

The accuser has accepted Mingyu’s apology, as well as the terms of this settlement. The accuser has \ made it clear throughout the dialogues that they do not wish to see Mingyu leaving the group or halting his activities.

Finally, Pledis Entertainment has also confirmed the contents of this statement in advance with the accuser, and the accuser has given their permission to publicize the contents mentioned.

Now, Pledis Entertainment has successfully contacted all individual accusers who were open to dialogues. The agency is currently considering how to contact anonymous users who made allegations without identification.

We will release any new or updated information as soon as they become available.” cr

original post: theqoo

1. Oh, they are handling the controversy neatly

2. Cube, are you looking at Pledis?

3. I’m glad he apologized to the victim

4. Good, I hope the rest will be resolved soon

5. “Pledis Entertainment has also confirmed the contents of this statement in advance with the accuser, and the accuser has given their permission to publicize the contents mentioned.” This part is the most impressive

6. Thanks Pledis. This is the first time I’m grateful to the agency for this..

7. I’m not a fan, and I’ve never said anything, but it’s the most obvious and best statement…

8. Pledis is really good. Other agencies, look at Pledis and learn

9. Everyone had a hard time…

10. The statement is neat

• Why you are choosed the post the misleadding title and wrong translation of allkpop? It sound like mingyu accepted that he was a bully and they give money to victim to end it.

Instead of it share the official translation of Pledis.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ple…tatus/1370280987104579588

Update on the Issue Regarding SEVENTEEN Member MINGYU

Hello.

This is PLEDIS Entertainment.

We would like to provide some additional information regarding an online post pertaining to when Mingyu, a member of SEVENTEEN was a student.

PLEDIS Entertainment had many conversations with the writer of the online post, which contained experiences at the after school class that the poster attended with the artist and ascertained additional facts of the issue. After going through this process, the artist and the poster agreed to resolve the misunderstandings and put the issue to rest.

The writer of the online post experienced a series of personal events unrelated to the artist while attending middle school and uploaded the post to make them known to the public. The post also included what happened during the after school classes at the time.

The artist said he did joke around with his male classmates at the after school class, but never bullied nor tried to embarrass any specific student. He did however, offer his sincere apologies if the poster, in any way, felt uncomfortable or suffered due to his actions.

The poster accepted the artist’s apology and insisted that the poster did not want the issue to lead to the suspension of the artist’s activity or the artist leaving the group from the very first conversation held with PLEDIS Entertainment.

We have shared this statement with the poster in advance and the poster confirmed and agreed to the release of the statement. We sincerely hope that the writer of the post does not experience further harm due to any disputes--big or small--over the issue.

We have contacted everyone involved in the post who could be identified and brought the conversation to a close. We are also currently looking into other matters which involve parties that are difficult to identify. We will provide an update with a separate notice on this issue at a later date.

EwQ8QsXUcAUCI1N?format=jpg&name=large

EwQ8Q-2VEAIP3Nn?format=jpg&name=large

• You know I feel a little annoyed that OP1 made something so small such a big issue, when Mingyu wasn’t even the cause of her problems or the reason why she went for therapy. Yes, I get it’s valid for her to bring up jokes in her therapy that may have made her uncomfortable, but why bring it up online after so many years to bring down a person who wasn’t even part of her problems or the cause. She herself said, she doesn’t even remember him being part of the problems, but she still framed him such a light where it could’ve actually destroyed his career (and 12 other individuals career). She was so quick to defend herself against OP2, but didn’t bother clearing the misconceptions against Mingyu. My mind keeps tracing back to what OP2 said, that OP1 likes receiving attention, of course I can’t 100% be firm on this, but it really gives me this idea with the way she handled and escalated a silly situation. This shouldn’t have been brought up in my opinion, because if he wasn’t the cause of her problems or therapy then I don’t see the point of her posting all that online and creating an issue that was never related to Mingyu.

I don't know whether Mingyu is truly at fault but it's good he apologized.

He was never the cause of OP1’s problems or trauma or the reason why she was receiving therapy (she said this herself), she just said his jokes made her uncomfortable.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!